- Plan, organize, and execute all ministry programs and activities on behalf of the Ministry Leader.
- Accurately inputs membership data into the membership database to ensure membership profiles correctly reflect the membership status and matriculation of the member through the life of the church.
- Creates and manages registration forms, reports, groups, volunteer lists, and other ministry information in the church database system that relates to the ministry activity of the specific ministry area.
- Manage all event training, activities, and files for the ministry.
- Work with the Ministry Leader in creating the ministry event budget, including database services and training, establishes controls to ensure that events are produced within or below budget.
- Monitor ministry budget on a monthly basis and collaborate with the Finance Department to ensure that all accounts payable requests and donations received are processed in a timely manner.
- Develop ministry program frameworks and checklists that include a step-by-step task list and activity timelines.
- Create forms and processes to document ministry program activities, volunteer requirements, and attendance.
- Supervise and coordinate with volunteers on events, schedules, expectations, and training requirements/opportunities.
- Provide feedback on ministry programs, activities, and events and makes suggestions for continuous process improvement.
- Attend all required training as required by Concord Church.
- Communication-providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, email, or in person.
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Social Perceptiveness- Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- An employee in this position primarily works in a typical office environment and uses computers, calculators, phones, printers, and other office equipment to fulfill the position duties.
- An employee in this position is required to do a significant amount of walking and lifting to set up for ministry activities, store supplies, and manage the inventory of items required to conduct ministry activities. An employee in this position is also required to walk, hear, speak, and stand to inspect the equipment and interact with customers, church members, and volunteers.
- Work is conducted in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- The ability to manage stress, build professional and collaborative relationships, and reason through complex church business situations is required.
- A flexible schedule is required since this position requires evening and weekend work.
- This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. A minimum of three (3) years of ministry coordination or event planning/project management experience is required.
- Requires advanced proficiency in the Microsoft applications which include Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, in addition to experience with Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Survey Monkey, and other comparable tools.
Concord Church Membership:
This position is required to be a member of Concord Church. Employees in this position are expected to sincerely hold the same religious beliefs as expressed by Concord Church.