Our staff at The Pursuit is made of people who have a desire to push the boundaries of what it looks like to reach people far from God. We are committed to constantly evolving in our organization so we can remain effective in our mission as we grow.
The Momentum Director serves as the leader responsible for creating environments where students in grades 6th – 12th can encounter Jesus and grow in their relationship with Him. All student ministries are to work in conjunction with the overall mission, vision, and core values of The Pursuit. We believe students represent the future leaders of the local church and are looking for someone who can effectively connect with them.
At The Pursuit we have 3 staff core values that determine the success of your role: 1) reliance upon God, 2) making things better, and 3) getting others involved. By maintaining these priorities, we will put ourselves in a position where we can continue to strive for excellence and value reaching lost people.
• Team Player – Can work well with a team and grow through experiences and open rapport with other staff and key campus leaders
• Hustle – High energy, self-starter who not only gets things done, but makes things happen
• Team Builder – Can recruit and develop teams of people to fulfill the mission of The Pursuit
• Vision-caster – Engaging communicator who is comfortable speaking in a variety of settings
• Passion – Helping people grow personally and spiritually fills your cup
• Leadership – Able to think, plan, and act strategically and relationally
o Being knowledgeable in student ministries
o Identifying, training, and inspiring adult team members and student leaders
o Overseeing weekly student worship experiences that include multiple ministry areas and a live band.
o Taking initiative in leadership development and seeking opportunities to grow student ministries
o Communicating and relating to others, especially young people and their parents
o Developing and motivating adults and students to become leaders
o Building a bridge to students in the community that aren’t currently being reached
o Equipping students to grow and live out their faith
o Be available for “all staff” moments where we are all in as a church.
o Ongoing leadership development.
o Attend regular weekly/monthly meetings.
o Other duties assigned by Lead Pastor and Executive Team.
Personal and Spiritual Requirements:
• Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
• Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle.
• Models standards and expectations of leaders within The Pursuit, including
– Ownership with The Pursuit church.
– Abstain from illegal substances and excess alcohol.
– Use Social Media responsibly.
Compensation and Hours:
• Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications of the applicant.
• Quarterly & Annual Reviews