Oneida Gospel seeks a qualified individual to promote worship that is…
- Thoughtful, not shallow
- Beautiful, not cobbled together
- Christ-centered, not human-centered
- Grounded in gospel and word, not culture
- Prayer-filled, not humanly engineered
- Participatory, not entertaining
- Varied, not formulaic
- Connected to the historic church
Worship Service Preparation
- Work closely with lead pastor to articulate philosophy of worship at OGC.
- Work with preaching pastor each week to understand sermon topic and scripture; select service music/hymns accordingly.
- Schedule musicians for preludes and offertory music.
- As desired and appropriate, invite guest musicians to contribute to worship services.
- Work with office manager to ensure all materials are available for the bulletin and PowerPoint; provide musical scores, texts, titles, composers, etc.
- Send instructions and music to all musicians involved in each week’s service.
- Coordinate with senior pastor in planning seasonal services: e.g. Advent and Good Friday.
- Schedule instrumental musicians as needed for Sunday services.
- Assemble all music needed for instrumentalists. This may include published scores, as well as any newly arranged music needed for the week.
- Determine music assignments for Sunday services; communicate with musicians; distribute service information and necessary music; determine any sound needs and communicate those to sound team.
- Coordinate and lead rehearsals as needed.
- Recruit instrumentalists as needed.
How To Apply
Please email your covering letter and resume to Bonnie.