The Church at Quail Creek is searching for their next music minister.
Character and Conduct:
- Is a Spirit-filled follower of Jesus Christ.
- Has a clear understanding of a personal call to ministry.
- Is a person of convictions and integrity.
- Ministers to their family and has their support. (1st Tim. 3:4-5)
- Is a self-starter who is organized and prepared.
- Is able to motivate, organize and lead others.
- Is teachable and able to receive constructive criticism.
- Practices personal evangelism.
- Meets the following disclosure requirements: pass a criminal background check, credit history inquiry and substance abuse test.
Understands and is in agreement with Southern Baptist doctrine (as expressed in the latest revision of the Baptist Faith and Message) and with the doctrine and policies of The Church at Quail Creek.
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to appreciate and utilize all genres and styles of Christian music.
- Able to plan, prepare and lead a blended music style worship service.
- Possess enthusiasm and energy while directing and leading.
- Able to identify all vocal ranges and assign all vocal parts.
- Able to teach any vocal part (within one’s voice range).
- Able to understand and teach music terminology.
- Possess knowledge of piano, organ and keyboard, and preferably, be able to play at least one of these.
- Able to identify theological quality and accuracy of lyrics.
- Be able to teach and develop orchestral ministry.
- Able to develop, direct and lead choirs of all ages.
Experience: Possess prior church work experience as a staff member (full or part time) with a history of working with choir, orchestra, and praise team.
- Plan, evaluate and lead all aspects of the music and worship ministry at The Church at Quail Creek
- Coordinate all aspects of music and worship ministry with the Pastor, staff and ministry-related personnel.
- Plan worship services at least two months in advance and provide copies of music to those involved in the services in advance.
- Plan and coordinate at least two special events annually. (i.e. visiting choirs, singing groups, ensembles, drama productions, etc.)
- Oversee the organization, storage and maintenance of all music and worship ministry related materials and resources. (printed/digital music, robes/costumes, instruments, a/v equipment, etc.)
- Develop, present and manage an annual music and worship budget.
- Maintain a list of instrumentalists available to be distributed upon request to families planning weddings, funerals, etc.
- Perform other ministry-related duties as determined by the church leadership. (i.e. participation in visitation, outreach events, etc.)
- Lead people in the corporate worship of God in spirit and in truth.
- Develop a ministry that promotes all biblical forms of worship and utilizes these forms in the services and programs of the church.
- Serve as the congregational worship leader at each service, providing a backup leader during times of vacation, absence or sickness.
- Identify and develop the musical abilities of the congregation and mobilize those abilities into ministry.
- Invite, encourage and equip individuals to become involved in the music and worship ministry of The Church at Quail Creek.
- Maintain regular rehearsals for all music and worship ministry groups.
- Work in collaboration with Audio/ Video Productions Teams.
- Identify, train, equip and serve alongside leaders in children, student, and adult music and worship ministries. (i.e. backyard Bible clubs, VBS, choir outings)
- Provide and coordinate accompanists and instrumentalists as needed for all worship services.
- Maintain regular contact with music and worship ministry related personnel and prospects. (phone-calls, email, visitation, etc.)
- Inform those participating in worship services of all music to be presented in the rehearsal prior to the scheduled worship service.