The Next Gen Director is focused on ministry to 16-29 year olds. This job is segmented into two large areas of responsibility: Senior High age students and young adults.
1. Lead in the design, implementation, and execution of teen/young adult programing to include such programs as: one to one discipleship, a small group and course-based education, looking specifically at community, assimilation, and volunteer development.
a. Be an active discipler.
b. Provide leadership to ministry programs and leaders.
c. Participate personally in evangelism ministry through lifestyle evangelism, one to one, and small group contacts.
d. Develop and implement resources and programs that train and equip other believers in community, small groups, and assimilation, which motivate them for ministry.
e. Develop and maintain controls on all assigned programs and activities.
f. Encourage evangelism as a way-of-life in Timberwood Church through modeling, training, and integrating evangelism into the various programs of the church.
2. Maintain personal contact with individuals, couples, families and programs.
3. Perform administrative tasks assigned by the Senior Pastor, including working with ministry teams, task forces, church staff and the external community.
4. Perform other tasks assigned by the Senior Pastor.
1. Baccalaureate degree or graduate theological degree, or comparable.
2. Experience working with student and young adult ministries or comparable.
3. Understanding of Christian education within the local church.
a) Ability to evangelize, disciple and effectively teach students and young adults.
b) Ability to develop and creatively lead programs and ministries.
c) Ability to recruit, motivate and equip teachers and volunteers.
4. Endorse and support the Church Covenant and Statement of Faith as stated in the Timberwood Church Constitution.
5. Evidence of a commitment to the Timberwood Church Purpose Statement and the key values
of Outreach, Spiritual Formation and Leadership.
6. Support the traditional evangelical theology for which Timberwood Church stands.
7. Remain a member in good standing of Timberwood Church
1. Reports to the Senior Pastor.
2. Collaborates, coordinates and supports Family Ministry Director and ministry teams related to
students and family ministry.
3. Supervise volunteer staff related to young adults
4. Coordinates with other members of the church staff
Timberwood Church, located in Nisswa, MN is posting for a full-time Next Gen Pastor/Director position. Please review the job description (link below) for detailed information regarding qualifications, responsibilities and relationships.
The purpose of Timberwood Church is to honor God by making more disciples for Jesus Christ, worshipping, serving, celebrating—together. Qualified applicants will submit the following documents by email in either a Word document or a PDF:
2) References (3) – References should reflect three distinct relationships, eg: a friend, a colleague and a mentor.
3) A brief summary (not to exceed two pages, single spaced, 12 font, 1 inch margins) reflecting upon the following areas: Conversion and call; Personal theological beliefs; Expression of why you want to be in vocational ministry.
Upon receipt of documents a confirmation email will be sent. All correspondence should be directed to the above listed email address. Applications will be accepted through June 30, 2022.