The Parish Administrator is a full-time, lay staff member who reports directly to the Rector (senior pastor). The Parish Administrator acts as executive assistant to the Rector, handling administrative follow-through, managing the clerical and logistical needs of the parish, and supervising staff for communications, facilities management and accounting.
St. Peter and St. Paul is an Episcopal parish in Cobb County, north of Atlanta, with ~1000 active members, and average weekend attendance of ~390 people (from three services). We have seven major ministry areas with over sixty ministry groups active in the parish. We have two full time clergy and seven lay people in our core staff (including this position). The Parish Administrator is there to support the staff, lay leaders and parishioners in pursuit of our mission.
Our Mission is Growing Disciples of Jesus Christ.
* Supports the Rector (who is the head of staff) in implementing ministry with follow- through for logistics, organization and communication. Keeps the Rector’s calendar. Requires a high degree of commitment to the parish mission and the Rector’s leadership, with confidentiality, discretion and effective interpersonal skills.
* Supports our Mission, ministry, staff (clergy and lay) and lay leaders in all interactions and favorably represents our ministries to the parish and the public.
* Coordinates the administrative support functions for the parish, primarily through staff, also through lay volunteers and leaders.
– full-time Facilities Manager: cleaning and property maintenance & repair,
– part-time Administrative Assistant (clerical and communications, in print and electronic platforms),
– part-time Financial Administrator (accounting and benefits documentation).
* Participates in weekly staff meetings.
Coordinates the parish calendar and room assignments, assures smooth logistics for parish events, and backs-up volunteer coordination.
* Prepares and oversees the administrative budget for the parish (approved by lay leaders), acting as a good steward of parish resources.
* Performs daily office tasks, maintains records & databases, communicates with parish through all forms of media.
* Backs-up the administrative staff, especially in bulletins, E-news, website, mailings, and greeting the public on the phone and in person.
* Engages staff, parishioners and public with courtesy, direct communication, and healthy boundaries.
* Requires a certain degree of creativity and latitude for these and other tasks as assigned.
* All work to be completed on site.
* A commitment to our Mission: Growing disciples of Jesus Christ
* Personal and professional character that demonstrates an authentic commitment to Christ and Christian standards, and a commitment to the church as the body of Christ
* Demonstrated skills and attributes in:
– Christian maturity and integrity
– Excellent organizational skills,
– Excellent interpersonal and relational skills
– Responsibility, and effective, healthy communication o Initiative, solution-oriented problem solving, reliability and accountability
* Demonstrated good judgment in boundaries (personal and professional) and in the wise and responsible use of technology and social media
* Demonstrated skills in effectively supervising and leading a staff team
* A demonstrated ability to work graciously with people of various backgrounds and views,
* Preferred candidates will have knowledge and experience in:
-Communications (web, email, social media, and print publications)
-Facilities Management (problem solving, vendor selection and coordination)
-Accounting (procedures, reporting and financial management)
-Liturgical church environment (Episcopal, Catholic, Lutheran, or similar)
* Flexibility, able to plan, organize and complete assignments with a minimum of direction, often juggling more than one project and task at a time
* Highly proficient and effective with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Preferred candidates will also have working knowledge of WordPress (Avada), Constant Contact and ACS
Education and experience:
* An Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience
* At least five years of experience in office management, including staff supervision
* Employment is contingent on a successful completion of criminal background check.
* Minimum three references are required, including at least one personal and two professional reference
* All staff are required to complete Safeguarding God’s Children and Safeguarding God’s
* People (prevention of sexual misconduct and child abuse in a church setting)
Compensation and benefits:
The position is full-time:
* 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8-5, with occasional extra hours required,
* Annual salary is $55,000 – 62,000 depending on qualifications and experience,
Benefits currently include:
* Four weeks of paid vacation, 12 paid holidays,
* Retirement: the church makes a contribution to a 403(b) retirement plan equal to 5% of income; the church also matches employee contributions up to 4% of income.
* Medical, dental & vision insurance. Currently, individual coverage is fully paid-for; employee + 1 and family plans are available with a modest cost-share by the employee.