We are currently seeking a pastor to serve, guide, and teach our congregation as we strive to “love, lead, and light.”
For more information about AFB, check us out on Facebook @AlbanyFirstBaptist.
Role of the Pastor
The Lead Pastor reports to the church’s personnel committee and receives spiritual support from the Deacon body. The Lead Pastor will provide leadership for AFB Associate Pastor(s), as applicable.
· To preach and teach the Word of God
· Provide overall spiritual leadership to the congregation
· Cast God’s vision for our church and strategize on the execution of the church’s mission. Inspire, equip, and mobilize the congregation in carrying out that vision.
· Shepherd the congregation in its pursuit of Christ
· Build and equip disciples who live for His Kingdom
· Share the compassion of Jesus through community outreach and visitation
· Provide oversight of AFB ministry teams and church staff
· Officiate weddings, funerals, and other events as needed by the church or community
· Ordained minister
· Formal theological/ministry training/degree preferred
· Minimum of three years of experience as a pastor or other equivalent experience in ministry
· Demonstrated faithfulness and fruitfulness in ministry
· Meeting the qualifications of a leader as defined in 1 Timothy 3