Alpine Baptist Church, a small, rural church congregation in Talladega County, Alabama, is searching for a bi-vocational pastor. The church was established in 1832; it was the first Baptist church in Talladega County and currently is affiliated with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship.
A successful candidate will…
- Hold a minimum of bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (master’s degree from an accredited seminary preferred).
- Be of character that reflects Christian standards taught and exemplified by the New Testament and espoused by Alpine Baptist
- Be ordained by a Baptist
- Exhibit strong leadership and mentoring
The pastor will…
- Commit to the ideals of Alpine Baptist Church, including the nurturing of a culture of unconditional love and support, inclusiveness, growth and community outreach in message and service, relationship building within and without the church family, and women in
- Appreciate the history and traditions of Alpine Baptist Church, with a vision of how to strengthen the mission of the church for the
- Commit to the comprehensive ministry of the church and community, including preaching, teaching, counseling, shepherding—individually, in small groups, and in large groups to facilitate the work of the
- Encourage, develop, and mobilize leadership among the congregation— including deacons, church officers, committees, and
- Lead the church in the advancement of the Great Commission, reaching out to the unsaved and the
- Lead in public worship, having studied to prepare sermons/lessons based on the Bible and God’s revelation—and which are relevant and pertinent to all ages and phases of life of members of the church
- Counsel individuals in times of crisis and
- Visit and contact those who are critically ill, those in hospitals and nursing homes and other similar facilities, and shut-ins.
- Inform the church about programs and needs in the church and community—to include reports of visitation activities, and potential memberships.
- Moderate church business
- Reside in the parsonage or within the
- Inform the deacons in advance of any secondary job changes, continued education, and/or other commitments or matters which might impact church activities and
- Participate in an annual review of
- Perform other duties as deemed
Apply Online OR by mail at
Alpine Baptist Church,
P. O. Box 77,
Alpine, AL 35014.
- A letter of application indicating how the candidate meets qualifications and expectations outlined in the position
- A current
- Contact information for four references, two personal/character and two work/church