The Pastor is responsible for the provision of spiritual, pastoral, and administrative leadership for the congregation of Covenant Church.
About Covenant Church
Covenant Church was organized more than 30 years ago and is part of the South Texas PCA Presbytery. Currently we have 80 members, with an average weekly attendance of 78 people. Our previous pastor stayed with Covenant for 12 years and is leaving with the prayers and blessings of our church family to follow God’s will in his life.
About the Senior Pastor
The Senior Pastor is responsible for preaching/teaching, working with the Session to establish and implement a consistent vision for the church, equipping the church for the various works of ministry, and developing the gifts and skills of the congregation.
Education & Experience
- A relevant Biblical graduate degree (ie, MDiv, DMin, THd)
- 3+ years in church ministry
- Experience serving at a church of similar size to Covenant Church
- Experience preaching regularly
- Experience developing a vision and growing a ministry
- Bilingual English/Spanish is desired but not required
- Passionately loves Jesus and His Church
- Adheres to Covenant Theology and the Reformed Doctrines of Grace
- Prayerfully relies on God in all things
- Models faithful love and devotion to his family
- Communicates the Gospel consistently
- Inspires his congregation to participate in the Great Commission and mercy ministries
- Builds relationships within and without the congregation
About Harlingen, Texas
Located just ten miles from the Mexican border, Harlingen is in the center of the Rio Grande Valley, which is comprised of the four southernmost counties in Texas with a total population of 1.1 million. Conveniently located between McAllen and Brownsville, Harlingen is a community of 68,000 people of which 73% are Hispanic. Just over 50% of the population is unchurched. The area is popular for retirement, and each winter brings more retirees as “Winter Texans” who spend the colder months with us (the lowest average high temperature in January is 70). Considered one of the premier birding locations in the world, Harlingen has many parks and nature reserves that prosper in its subtropical climate. Harlingen has been noted as having the lowest cost of living in the United States; the median home value of $80,600. http://www.myharlingen.us/