Our pastor will serve our congregation by preaching the word of God, leading Bible studies with discussions, and caring for congregational needs. Our pastor will help us continue our existing missions, increase local community missions and broaden our international outreach. Our pastor will foster an
atmosphere of hospitality and invitation within the congregation, as well as nurture meaningful stewardship efforts.
- Centered in Christ, with the ability to communicate that belief, both from the pulpit and through actions, seen and unseen.
- Listen to and understand the needs of the congregation and the surrounding community, and then lead in ministering to those needs.
- Organize and implement sustainable programs to ensure the continued ministry of CPC.
- Compassionate and empathetic, embracing the struggles of individual members of the congregation and providing pastoral care.
- Unite and motivate
1. Lead worship services, both traditional and contemporary, integrating technology to enhance the worship experience.
2. Foster church growth and conduct new member classes.
3. Provide visitation and pastoral care as needed.
4. Moderate Session.
5. Lead new/existing Bible study groups on an ongoing basis.
6. Work with music director, choir director and the Philharmonics (5-piece band) on planning worship.
7. Supervise church staff (part-time secretary and part-time music director).
8. Provide oversight/support for social media presence and communications.
9. Be familiar with CPC’s finances, work with the finance committee and treasurer.
10.Participate in Presbytery.
11.Be involved in community organizations to raise the profile of CPC.