We are seeking a full-time pastor to lead our flock. The primary role of the pastor shall be the equipping of the church membership to minister in the name of Jesus Christ. He will work with the deacons and church staff to lead the church in the achievement of its mission to proclaim the gospel to believers and care for the church members as well other persons in the surrounding county.
- Spiritual qualifications are based on the Biblical principles for the leader of the church as detailed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- Develop and communicate the vision, strategy and doctrine of the church.
- Provide vision for and ultimate oversight of worship experience.
- Develop relationships within community and among church leaders.
- Provide clarity in vision, leadership and doctrine so that the staff and church body may adequately ascertain and maintain direction.
- Ensure ongoing ministries and outreach to prospects as well as home bound, hospitalized or otherwise institutionalized members.
- Maintain a God-ordained balance of priorities as related to Jesus, spouse, family and ministry(1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9).
- Invest substantial time into a vital, personal relationship with Jesus Christ; and also invest in time devoted to personal development as a servant of the Lord.
- Be loyal to the vision and staff of the church, working always to protect unity and reputation.
- Invest in and invite the lost to meet Jesus through the church.
- Strive to get the right people in the right positions to assist in carrying out the church vision.
- Communicate all calendar events, church meetings and personal time away with the staff and deacon chairperson.
DVBC is seeking a pastor who
- Will preach and teach the Word of God regularly. Be in charge of all stated services of DVBC
- Will administer the biblical ordinances of the church.
- Will join with the deacons in exercising spiritual oversight in family ministry.
- Will conduct meetings with the staff and ministry leaders of the church on a regular basis.
- Will consistently point people to the Gospel
- Will develop personal relationships with members so that they can learn who they are in Christ and use their spiritual gifts.
- Will seek God’s vision/direction for the church and communicate this vision/direction effectively to the body.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus
- Consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle, complying with biblical leadership qualifications of an overseer described in 1 Timothy 3:1-13 & Titus 1:5-9
- Strong in biblical preaching and expository preaching and teaching
- Competent in organizational, administrative and interpersonal relationships.
- Five years minimum experience as a lead pastor.
- Adhere to the Baptist Faith & Message 2000 of the Southern Baptist Convention
- Be it also known that we adhere to the King James Version of the Bible only.