Elam Baptist Church in Gray, Georgia is prayerfully seeking a new pastor to lead us in seeking God’s vision for our church.
Elam is a Southern Baptist, conservative, traditional, Bible-believing church with a rich historical past. Located in a rural setting, Jones County has a population of approximately 30,000 people in a thriving, growing community with an excellent school system. Elam was founded in 1808 and quickly became a beacon for early settlers in the area. Throughout its history Elam has always had a strong impact on the community by providing a beautiful, stable, and supportive environment where people of all ages can grow spiritually and practice their faith as they carry out God’s Great Commission. Our friendly and loving congregation offers a welcoming atmosphere where the spirit of Christ resides. Through the decades, Elam has been continually blessed with dynamic spiritual leaders. Our former pastor retired after 30 years of faithful service. Now we seek a visionary shepherd who is called to pastoral ministry and who will help us function as the New Testament Church. Elam is a member of the Central Baptist Association.
The pastor is responsible to the church to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to teach the Biblical revelation, to engage in pastoral care ministries, to provide administrative leadership in all areas of church life, and to act as the chief administrator of all church staff.
Qualifications and Expectations:
- Licensed and ordained with prior church leadership experience
- Exhibit the qualifications of a spiritual leader as found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
- Committed to teaching God’s Word with enthusiasm to all people
- Have a heart for God and love for His people
- Possess strong leadership, management, and communication skills
- Inspire discipleship and equip members for the work of ministry
- Understand the importance of family including the church family
- Committed to prayer and the leadership of the Holy Spirit
- Unify and strengthen the tie that binds by maintaining a healthy and vibrant fellowship within the church
- Maximize communication through social media, internet media and other forms of communication
- Lead with a servant heart and respect while overseeing, with the deacons, the church family ministry through discipleship, counseling and visitation.
- Foster and grow small group ministries (children, youth, adults, senior adults)
- Promote and participate in local community events as a representative of Christ first and Elam Baptist second
To apply for this position please submit the following:
- Cover Letter
- Current Resume
- Four References With Valid Contact Information
If you feel led to participate in our search process, please know that all materials provided will be kept in absolute confidence. Please pray with us that God will be honored in this process, and He will lead the man to us whom He has chosen.