First Christian Church of Wray, CO seeks a lead pastor to shepherd our congregation of 100+ people. The pastoral candidate will be theologically conservative, excel in strong biblical preaching, and lead in the areas of discipleship and community building. An added bonus, though not required, would be someone gifted in the areas of counseling and administration.
Wray is a small, rural community of 2400 located in the northeast corner of Colorado, a few miles from the Nebraska and Kansas borders. Our congregation is a beautiful mix of young and old, families and singles, blue and white collar.
First Christian Church was established in 1901 as part of the Disciples of Christ denomination. In 2007 the church broke from the DOC and currently remains a non-denominational, evangelical church. FCC is elder-led and congregationally ruled.
- Strong and mature in his faith and relationship with Christ
- Strong Biblical Teacher/Preacher
- Ability to shepherd and minister to people of diverse backgrounds and age
- Prefer a pastor with a Master of Divinity or at least a degree in Christian Ministry, an added degree in counseling is a plus
- Self-motivated as a solo pastor, staff of one to stay the course with a good work ethic to work well independently and in accountability to the leadership of the church
- Study to show oneself approved before God as a workman who is not need to be ashamed and correctly handles the word of truth (2 Tim. 2:15).
- Shepherd the flock as one who able to speak the truth in love, not only from the pulpit but through discipleship and counseling
- Upholds and in agreement with the church’s Statement of Faith
- As a church that includes some liturgy able to lead the church along with the Elders in the liturgy and weekly communion, baptism, weddings, funerals, dedications, and welcoming new members
- Leads and/or assists the Elders develop new members, has oversight of the youth ministry, and leadership in the discipleship of congregants
- Serves as a member of the Elder Board and works closely with the board
- Able to represent FCC in the community and civic organizations to include special events
- Demonstrates interest in individuals, couples, families, and the community