We need someone who will bring our church stability and strength in this community, someone whose personality and vision are seen by our community as spiritually mature, friendly, open, and inviting. We need more people in our community to know about us, the only PCUSA church in Phenix City, and to want to become a part of our church family. We need someone whose preaching will be spiritually mature and inspiring so that others will hear about our new minister and want to come here. Our friendliness and welcoming spirit will hold them here.
We look to a new pastor to bring new vision and purpose to this aging congregation. We need new life and development and are eager for leadership in the areas of spiritual renewal and growth while having and showing compassion for this flock and for all who enter the doors of this church. We are looking for someone to be present with love, compassion, and spiritual strength during times of crisis in the lives of this flock.
This church wants to be an active member of this faith community, and we need someone who is excited about God’s love and message for all people and will encourage and join us in sharing that love and message, so that our discipleship will be seen and heard, drawing others here.
We are looking for a person with energy, a person with passion for the church, ministry, and the world, someone with a positive outlook and a calm, non-anxious presence. This person will be respectful of all members and friends and of all those who enter the doors of this church, as well as colleagues and those with whom the church is connected through the work of the church.
We are looking for a visionary who knows about relating to a small and older congregation while being able to connect with resources to revitalize the congregation with younger individuals and families; a pastor with command presence in the pulpit and in their preaching.
Our new leader needs to be willing to accept the difficulties of church development and caring for infrastructure revitalization while being fiscally responsible. We are looking for a pastor with a welcoming presence and “God” centered lifestyle that serves as a model to the congregation and community. We need someone with a warm, caring, open and inviting personality, and with a sense of humor, someone able to communicate well with anyone in the community.
- Conduct weekly Morning Worship at 11:00 AM on Sunday to include the sermon
- Moderate monthly session meeting (4th Thursday at 7:00 PM)
- Attend and conduct as needed special church activities when held
- Perform weddings, funerals, etc. when needed
- Conduct 4 special services per year: Thanksgiving, Christmas Candlelight, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday
- Hold regular Holy Communion services throughout the church year during Morning Worship and during special worship services—Maundy Thursday, World Communion Sunday, Christmas Candlelight
- Provide information for the weekly bulletin
- Be available for appointments as needed.