God is Calling Us to
• Build a shared leadership structure
• Commit to joyful intergenerational leadership
• Enhance worship through diversity of liturgy, music, and delivery style
• Expand mission opportunities
• Develop and implement financial plans to stabilize finances
We seek a pastor who will journey with us in love. Our pastor will help us reach our goals by visioning, directing, preaching, teaching, participating, challenging, and encouraging.
Inspirational speaker– To make connections with their audience a pastor should be confident, passionate, energetic, spiritually grounded, authentic and have a bit of humor.
Administrator– In a pastor we desire a director, decision maker, and someone who is skilled at managing teams.
Change agent– Our new pastor should be entrepreneurial, a visionary, and a courageous leader.Teacher– Committed to intergenerational growth and learning, this person is blessed with the spiritual gifts of wisdom and knowledge.
Our pastor will:
- Provide for the studying, teaching, preaching, and understanding of the Word through a Biblically based ministry.
- Encourage the people of the congregation in their worship and service of God and to help equip and enable them for their ministry within the church and their mission in the world.
- Provide for the pastoral care of all members of the congregation focusing especially on those with immediate needs.
- Provide organizational skills and leadership for the congregation in order that it might reach out in concern and service to the community as a whole.
- Enable the church to grow to its fullest potential in membership, spiritual vitality, and stewardship.
- Coordinate and collaborate with church organizations, groups, committees, and members and see ideas and projects through to completion.
- Inspire the Session and the congregation to develop and effectively operate a wide range of intergenerational programs and activities.
- Moderate the Session to help it develop active ministries to meet current needs and to plan for future dimensions of ministry.
- Supervise and direct staff members as head of staff.
- Offer guidance and leadership in order to maintain a high level of interest in and support of the mission programs of the church.
- Help the Session and the congregation maintain connectional ties with the Presbyterian Church, U.S.A. through Presbytery, Synod, and General Assembly.
Love patterned by Christ– We seek a loving, compassionate, and hopeful person who possesses the fruits of the spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control.
21st century communicator– We need someone who is articulate, as well as tech and media savvy.