We seek a pastor who actively follows God’s Spirit, and who is able to aid us in following the vision we have set out, in order to fully actualize God’s will for us to serve our community and the world at large. Skaneateles First Presbyterian has always placed great value on mission, and as a congregation we all feel called to follow in Christ’s footsteps, to show through our will to serve others the true meaning of Christianity. We would welcome one who shares this vision with us, and will lead us forward.
We seek a pastor who can provide us with sermons that help to explain the teachings the Bible holds for us, and how those teachings are relevant to all of us in our daily lives. Our hope is for a teaching elder that realizes the value of Christian education, and who is willing to help us to continue and expand our current education programs.
We hope that our new pastor will listen to us, to minister to those who seek to hold fast to traditions, while providing room for those wishing to explore new possibilities for our church.
We hope to partner with a pastor who encompasses the love of Christ, and who finds joy in his or her surroundings; who is able to work well with others, including those within the greater community of Skaneateles.
- In collaboration with the Worship Committee and the music director plan and conduct the worship service of the church, including children’s sermons.
- Administer the Sacraments of Baptism and Communion, and officiate at weddings and funerals.
- Serve as head of staff and hold regular staff meetings.
- Establish regularly scheduled open office hours.
- Visit members in homes, hospitals, nursing homes; wherever needed in conjunction with the deacons.
- Provide pastoral counseling and care for the congregation.
- Work together with the Christian Education committee in facilitating biblical education for children, youth and adults.
- Engage with the Church’s committees by being supportive, staying informed and giving direction.
- Work ecumenically with the clergy and laypeople of the churches in the Skaneateles Community.
- Participate in the life of the Cayuga-Syracuse Presbytery.