The congregation of Greene Road Church (a CRC) is seeking a full-time Pastor.
Looking for a Senior Pastor who will lead and guide Greene Road Church through effective sharing of the Gospel, purposeful and relationship-based pastoral care, and servant-modeled leadership. All activities will be primarily focused on reflecting our vision statement.
Please review the accompanying church profile, job description, and reach out to us by contacting by email. If you have any questions or would like to express interest in the position.
Please include your resume and cover letter if applying.
The Senior Pastor will lead and guide Greene Road Church through effective sharing of the Gospel, purposeful and relationship-based pastoral care, and servant-modeled leadership. All activities will be primarily focused on reflecting our Vision Statement.
PRIMARY MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Preaching & Teaching
• Prepares and delivers biblically based, Christ-centered preaching for Sunday
and special worship services.
• Provides consistent teaching and encouragement in support of seeking and
B. Pastoral Care
• Supports pastoral care needs of the church as appropriate, through
development of personal relationships, and in partnership with Council.
• Officiates at marriages, funerals and other functions as needed.
• Reaches out to the sick and shut-ins.
C. Leadership and Administration
• Works with the Council, Ministry Planning Group (MPG), and church staff as
they seek to advance the vision and goals of the church.
• Mentors Council, (MPG), and supports’ church staff as they seek to advance
the vision and goals of the church.
• Maintains current knowledge of ministry plans and activities.
OTHER MINISTRY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides final approval and direction for Greene Road Church worship services
in close alignment with the worship director.
• Ensures, along with the Council, that the preaching of the word, prayer, praise,
receiving offerings and the administering of the Lord’s Supper and Baptisms
are conducted faithfully.
• Leads and facilitates meetings with prospective professions of faith
• Serves as a member of the Worship Ministry Team.
• Prepares and provides documents and reports, as requested. • Accomplishes Classis and Denominational responsibilities as needed.
• Serves as a voting member of church Council and Elder teams.
• Supports the prayer ministry of the church
SPIRITUAL, PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
A. Ordained pastor qualified to serve in the Christian Reformed Church.
B. Exhibits a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a life submitted to the work of the Holy Spirit.
C. Exhibits a passion for ministering to both seekers and those already on a
D. Understands and believes the tenets of the Reformed Christian Faith.
E. Exhibits gifts in the area of preaching/teaching, leadership, and discipleship.
F. Commits to continued spiritual and professional growth.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND REPORTING:
A. The Senior Pastor is accountable to the Council.
B. The Senior Pastor’s work and performance will be reviewed annually by the
C. The Council, Senior Pastor and (MPG) will develop goals and plans for ministry at Greene Road Church on a periodic basis.