● Someone who is or can be ordained in the ECO denomination
● Someone with a mission mindset able to address a multi-cultural town’s needs
● Someone with an adventurous spirit, willing to be outdoors and enjoy the resources of the community while building relationships with others in a remote island setting.
● Someone with evangelistic zeal and vision for the body of Christ in Hoonah
● Must have leadership qualities to partner and collaborate with people and can focus on our mission statement.
● Someone who relies on the Holy Spirit’s leading
● Adherence to the creeds and doctrines of the reformed faith as adopted by ECO theology.
This pastor position is part-time, 20 hours a week
● Prepare and deliver a sermon on Sunday
● Build relationships with people in the community and other church pastors for mutual encouragement and strengthening ministry alongside other churches within the community and Presbytery
● Church grower
● Participate and lead in Celebrate Recovery once a week
● Participate in many of the church related functions and gatherings
● A few hours of visitation to those in the community as needed