The purpose of this position is to provide pastoral leadership in the areas of invitation, hospitality, worship, and connection at the Arlington Heights Campus. This role will also assist with the development and execution of annual strategic priorities and provide operational management at the campus.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of reception, hospitality, café, facilities, and worship. This includes establishing and managing performance-related objectives for the various staff members in these areas.
- Lead the development and execution of efforts to warmly welcome guests to The Orchard, helping them connect with the life and ministries of the church.
- Oversee the planning processes for worship services, Pray First, and other special events.
- Assist with the development and execution of efforts to mobilize the congregation of The Orchard and our ministries to reach the people in our communities with the gospel.
- Act as the campus liaison for all central support services. This includes information technology, human resources, accounting, communications, and outside groups.
- Manage the campus calendar and provide staffing support for meetings as needed.
- Assist with weekly platform duties (announcements, prayer, communion, benediction) and general pastoral duties related to the significant life events of members (child dedication, baptism, membership, marriage, severe crises, death) as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Campus Pastor
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master of Divinity preferred.
- Five plus years of ministry experience desired, including staff management experience.
- Theologically aligned and in agreement with EFCA Statement of Faith.
- Ability to organize, analyze, and execute tasks in a timely manner.
- Exercise discretion and good judgment in personal contacts.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, members, and volunteers.
- Demonstrate professionalism through appearance, attitude, and personal interactions.
- Self-motivated and able to initiate projects and work independently.
- Computer literate in order to complete necessary tasks within software applications.
- Aptitude/Ability to learn new software programs.
- Positive and supportive attitude.
- Must be available on Sundays from 7:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
How To Apply
To apply for this position call Michelle Brza, HR Coordinator, at 847.852.2225, or send your cover letter and resume via email.