The pastor of children and family ministries is a full-time position responsible for the evangelism and discipleship of the children and families of Gracepoint Church and the surrounding community. In alignment with our mission of being a church that Experiences God and Engages our World Together, this person will oversee the discipling of kids ages Newborn to Grade 5, along with their families.
• Team builder who lives out the Ephesians 4 mandate of equipping our great team of 70+ parents and volunteers.
• Builds a Children’s Ministry that emphasizes the home as the primary centre of faith development, partnering with parents to see the next generation become life-long Christ-followers.
• Lead and direct Sunday morning Children’s Ministry programming ensuring we have a welcoming environment with trained leaders/volunteers ready to create an experience that is a highlight of the week for our kids.
• Enthusiastic and creative leader who can cast vision around the spiritual formation of children and follows through to completion.
• Develop, evaluate, and/or coordinate the weekly curriculum for our Sunday morning children’s program, ensuring a long-term strategy for the faith development of our kids.
• Provide regular team building and training sessions for volunteers to meet Gracepoint standards and expectations for this role.
• Pastoral care and discipling to our families and volunteers recognizing that
“groups” is our spiritual growth methodology.
• Passion for outreach that envisions using our location as a theology of place for mission to be realized among our neighbours.
• Ability to recruit and train additional volunteers for a second Sunday morning service to be added in 2020.
• Oversee our Children’s midweek program, training and encouraging our leaders.
Characteristics, Skills and Qualifications
• Committed Christ follower who pursues a Jesus Shaped Life.
• Committed to the vision and values of Gracepoint Community Church.
• Has a contagious love for children and has a track record of teaching and motivating kids.
• Self-starter who can work independently in a self-disciplined manner and able to work in a collaborative manner with our staff team.
• Proactive; have a sense of urgency to respond to requirements and deadlines.
• A problem solver who sees the big picture and is also able to zero in on priorities and strategic opportunities.
• Demonstrating a balance between empathy, compassion and sensitivity while assessing facts and information to addressing ministry issues.
• Highly flexible and adaptable to changing ministry situations or requirements.
• Lives in proximity to Gracepoint Church to be in disciple-making relationships with other Gracepointers.
• The discipleship of kids and their families is the primary calling.
• Willing to make a long-term commitment to Gracepoint Church.
• Has a history of next generation disciple-making.
• Appropriate administration and technical skills.
• Currently using social media platforms with demonstrable results to assist in discipleship.
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in Theology/Kids’ ministry.
• Able to view kids’ Ministry through a Gospel-centric lens.
• Previous experience in a paid or volunteer role in serving children.
• Aligns with the Mennonite Brethren Statement of Faith.
• Outgoing, optimistic and able to build long term trust-based relationships.
• Committed to the vision and values of Gracepoint Church.
• Attend annual Staff workshops or retreats to equip one’s self for Ministry.
• Model volunteerism and investment within the Gracepoint body, just as we call our people to – approximately 10% of your workweek, over and above regular work hours.
• Attend all staff meetings.
• Be an active and constructive contributor to staff discussions relating to strategic initiatives and daily responsibilities.
• Committed to Gracepoint as a church family as evidenced by discipleship group involvement.
• In agreement with the beliefs and practices of Gracepoint Church as outlined in the church employee handbook.
This position is Full Time at 40 hours per week. This position also requires work hours on Sundays from approximately 9am-1pm. Other workdays and hours to be determined. (Office hours are Monday – Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm.) Work may be required on the occasional Sunday afternoon or weekday evening, if there is a special event planned.
Compensation and Benefits
• Renumeration is based on Education and Experience.
• Health Benefits available through the conference after 3 months of employment.
• Vacation days available after 6 months of employment.
• There is a 3-month probation period and a full annual review combined with quarterly “check-ins” and coaching sessions relating to the position and personal performance.