Before discussing qualifications, it is important to us to identify qualities we feel are essential for this role. These include:
- A strong, active, and growing faith in Jesus Christ.
- An approachable spirit.
- A love for the local church and a belief in its potential to grow the Kingdom of God.
- A person who enjoys leading teams in both the creative process and its implementation.
- A person who is organized and intentional in their approach to leadership.
- A person who values relationships with a variety of ages and backgrounds.
- A person who is sensitive to people’s life situations and struggles.
- A person interested in equipping and encouraging others in their spiritual growth.
- A person who embraces opportunities to share the Gospel with others.
- A person who could enjoy living in an active large rural community.
- A lifelong learner who has the desire to grow spiritually, as a leader, and in their craft.
- Shares our vision, core beliefs, and values. (crossroadschurchff.com/about-us)
- Has completed a Bachelor’s degree.
- A seminary degree, completion of a reputable church-based training program, or similar training is preferred.
- One-two years experience working in the local church either as an employee, intern or seminarian is preferred.
- A skilled musician with both vocal and instrumental talents. Guitar or piano skills preferred.
- The ability to lead a team musically and administratively.
- The ability to lead the congregation musically and spiritually in a professional and sincere manner.
- Some experience with the following technical items is preferred: sound systems, projections systems, easyworship and/or propresenter or a similar software program, stage equipment.
- Has experience leading a small group or Bible study.
- Has led or volunteered in youth ministry of some kind (Church, Young Life, etc.)
- Someone who has potential for good chemistry with the Senior Pastor and the rest of the CRC staff.
- Someone who is a self-motivated leader, capable of casting vision for ministry, and able to form teams, develop leaders, and manage them well.
- Lead a worship experience that is relevant for a multigenerational church in a large rural community.
- Coordinate music with the Senior Pastor that compliments the sermon series.
- Organize and recruit worship teams, set practice schedules, and lead rehearsals.
- Oversee the technical support for each service including: sound team, slides, videos, and anything else that needs to be displayed during the service.
- Facilitate growth for the individual members of the worship team both musically and spiritually.
- Facilitate musical requests and needs for funerals and weddings. Those needs may be musical and/or technical (sound, projection, etc.).
- Help the teens in our church and community begin and grow in their relationship with Jesus.
- Build relationships with teens, leaders, and parents.
- Provide Biblical teaching and discipleship to the students in the church.
- Recruit, develop, and care for youth leaders.
- Cast vision to the church and leaders of this ministry on how to effectively make disciples.
- Lead and facilitate youth group gatherings, special events, and special trips such as Trout Lake Camp, Spring Blitz, and summer mission trips.
Additional Responsibilities and Expectations
- Work with the Senior Pastor to execute the vision of the church and leadership development.
- Work alongside the staff to provide leadership and direction in creating a culture of discipleship and integrity that not only transforms lives and homes, but also our community.
- Become a member of our church and actively participate in church life and activities.
- Serve on our staff team under the supervision of our Senior Pastor.
- Meet regularly with the Senior Pastor to receive guidance and ensure good communication.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Full-time salaried position.
- Compensation will be based on experience and education and will be discussed during the interview process.
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply for this position please email your resume to Pastor Joey Kalan.