Combined Role Position:
San Juan Baptist Church
Posting for Pastor of Youth & Young Adults & Music Director
(Full-time position, $50,000 / annum)
If you have a passion for seeing God glorified in the lives of youth and are also gifted in leading musical worship out of a desire to fulfill the Great Commission in the nature paradise of Washington’s Olympic Peninsula, then God may be calling you to San Juan Baptist Church.
San Juan Baptist Church in Port Townsend, Washington is a Southern Baptist church that emphasizes expository preaching and the Calvinistic doctrines of the Reformation. We are looking to fill a combined role position serving as both Pastor of Youth & Young Adults as well as serving as Music Director. The candidate for this position must be a deeply devoted and committed follower of Jesus who is passionate about seeing God glorified through youth evangelism and ministry as well as having an effective ability to lead God’s people in musical worship. He must be team-oriented and should exhibit prior ministry involvement with youth in a local church as well as involvement in the musical portion of local church worship.
A gift for youth evangelism is a must as we currently have very few youth in our church and are situated in a very post-Christian and liberal environment. The candidate will also be responsible to lead middle- to high school as well as young adults ministries towards the goal of enabling individuals to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. He will cherish and promote robust biblical preaching and teaching, church involvement, and the overall fulfilling of the Great Commission.
Because of the pastoral component to this role, the successful candidate will become a Church Elder, contributing to the overall vision, strategic direction, and leadership support of our Elder Team and church. Therefore, he will need to be an active member of our San Juan Baptist Church family and in full agreement with our Statement of Faith, Vision and Mission statements, as well as our Member Covenant.
While a Bible College and/or seminary degree is an asset and proof of commitment to ministry, we are open to all candidates who feel called by God. Located in a vast and rich natural environment, a love for outdoor adventure is also an asset.
Description of Pastor of Youth & Young Adults
The Pastor of Youth & Young Adults position includes but may not be limited to the following responsibilities:
1. Eldership Team
- Will be an integral member of the Elder Leadership Team and will work alongside the other elders in contributing to the overall vision, strategic direction, and leadership support of our Elder Leadership Team and church.
2. Youth & Young Adults Ministry
- Will be involved in enterprising youth evangelism from the very beginning of ministry, being assured that the church knows that, while it is believers who are called to the task of evangelism, it is God Himself who brings people into His kingdom.
- Will oversee and shepherd, with biblical love and instruction, the youth and young adults ministries of the church.
- Will work with the Senior Pastor and Sunday School Superintendent on curriculum and other resources.
- Will build working relationships with the parents of those under his charge to help parents be God’s primary means of grace and authority in the lives of the youth.
- Will work with and train volunteers to assist with the overall leadership of the student ministry program.
- Will supervise the planning, directing and implementing of a program of youth education, activities, ministries, and missions.
- Will involve youth in specialized outreach and mission projects.
3. Community & School Outreach
- Along with those in the church, will build relationships with youth outside the church (e.g., through school and other community contacts.)
4. Continuing Education
- With the church’s assistance and blessing, will be a perpetual student, developing further skills for ministry through ongoing personal educational opportunities.
- Will make use of pastoral mentoring and various personal and online resources.
Description of Music Director
The Music Director position includes but may not be limited to the following responsibilities:
1. Leading Musical Worship
- Organizing and, with the Senior Pastor’s input on songs, the musical component to our worship services.
- Recruiting and involving those with musical gifts in the musical component of our worship services.
2. Maintain an Awareness of Theological Integrity and Biblical Fidelity in Worship
- The Music Director must exercise and be mindful of the theological integrity and biblical fidelity of worship music.
Application & Contact Information
We would ask that, if you feel an interest in this posting, please apply and then join us in praying for God’s guidance in both your hearts and ours. To apply, please send:
- A covering letter,
- A resume or CV,
- Your testimony (including life prior to conversion, salvation event, life post-conversion, and thoughts on personal future), and
- Your statement of faith
Pastor Noel Muscutt’s email.
Please feel free to email any questions that you might have. God bless you as you seek to glorify Him.