Our founding pastor, along with the support of ruling elders (incl preaching), has shepherded the congregation on a bi-vocational basis, working as a pastor and as a full-time data analyst. Recently, he has felt God’s call to resign due to personal health challenges.
After prayer and input from the congregation, Oikos Community Church has decided it has reached a point where it requires a full-time pastor in order to sufficiently meet the needs of the congregation. This is an exciting position for any person interested in helping the church achieve the next step in its mission.
The new pastor will be supported by a healthy church culture and two fully committed elders who are excited about the opportunities this position creates to have an impact for the Kingdom. We are looking for a pastor who will invest time and energy into developing this local body in pastoral care and gospel driven outreach to our community. The neighborhood surrounding this church is seeing new families come in with large residential construction. These families need a God-glorifying, Biblically-proclaiming, gospel-centered, shepherding church.
We whole heartedly believe that Jesus Christ is the only hope of the world, and that the local church, by God’s design, is the most effective means of reaching the world for God’s glory.
- Preaching and Pastoral Care:
- Preach two times per month, primarily expositional. Share remaining times with elders.
- Meet individually or small groups with men in the church
- Teach short series on topical subjects
- Coordinate outreach events/efforts
- Work with website administrator to continue to improve web presence, content and promotion
- Coordinate volunteers who assist in worship
- Work together with deacon to see needs of body are known and addressed
- Obtain/sharpen pastoral counseling skills
- Meet with church families/individuals on an “as need arises” basis
- Full-time or part-time with desire to progress to full-time
- Reformed Baptist theological views
- Minimum four-year Bible degree (M Div ideal) and eagerness to continue education
- Around five years of practical pastoral experience as lay elder, bi-vocational pastor, or vocational pastor
- Supports strong family-discipled approach, while not ardent family-integrated
- Supports expository preaching and Bible-based teaching
- Supports sharing overall leadership (incl preaching) with elders
- Subscribes to 1689 London Baptist Confession
- Subscribes to Oikos Statement of Faith, Discipline Statement, and Covenant of Discipleship
- Biblical leader, especially in the home
- Demonstrate the qualifications of an elder found in 1Timothy 3:1-7
In addition to the above, the ideal candidate will demonstrate most or all of the following: solid preacher and teacher; a good communicator; passionate about the role and life; mature in outlook and conduct; outreach oriented; able to administer effectively; financially responsible and stable; a servant leader of the home; willingly and eagerly shares church leadership with the elders.
First step is to ensure that you agree with three foundational documents that define our church. Please click on the following link to view the documents. If you confirm that you agree with all documents, you will be moved to the next step of our process.