Olive Branch Baptist Church is prayerfully seeking a full-time pastor who is called by God to lead and shepherd our congregation in a new season.
The pastor shall serve as the chief under-shepherd of the church, feeding, leading, and nurturing the flock/church body. The main responsibilities are to proclaim God’s Word, minister to spiritual needs, and provide Biblical leadership for the church. Along with other responsibilities, a primary area of focus is to engage in multiplying disciples by developing leaders, creating an active body of Christ where everyone participates in service to the Lord.
- Deliver weekly sermons and lead worship services.
- Provide guidance and counseling to individuals in need.
- Motivate, equip, and nurture the people of the church through example, preaching and teaching God’s Word.
- Spend significant time in prayer and Bible study.
- Contact/visit hospitalized or grieving church members.
- Perform baptisms and officiate at the Lord’s supper.
- Develop small group structures, small group leaders, and mobilize believers for activities in service to the Lord.
- Lead/participate in regular education program planning meetings.
- Lead/participate in choosing and securing the most suitable educational and curriculum materials available.
- Give full support to the unified operating budget of Olive Branch and avoid soliciting or expending funds not previously authorized.
- Serve as an effective liaison to assigned ministry teams and/or standing committees.
- Full agreement to the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 and adhere to the bylaws and constitution of OBBC.
- Strongly support the SBC, GBC, and the Cooperative Program.
Basic Personal Responsibilities:
- Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer, and meditation.
- Maintain proper priorities in your home and be the spiritual leader to your wife and children (if married).
- Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
- Financially support the work of ministry at Olive Branch by faithfully giving/tithing.
In order to learn more about our applicants and make an informed decision, we request that you provide us with the following materials:
- Your resume including church and personal references
- Link to recent sermons via internet
- No application will be considered complete until all of the above have been received. You may submit your materials as email
- Materials may also be submitted by mail to: Attn: Pastor Search Team 179 Butler Dr. Ellabell, GA 31308
Please feel free to contact us via email if you have any questions. All materials provided will be kept in absolute confidence. Please pray with us that God will be glorified in this process and that He will lead us to the man whom He has chosen for our church. Thank you for prayerfully considering this ministry opportunity.