Providence Baptist Church in Pageland, SC is in search of a full-time Pastor who will be responsible for the welfare and overseeing of the church. The pastor shall lead the body of members in fulfilling the Great Commission through evangelism and discipleship.
Providence Baptist Church is a smaller (attendance of roughly 175 pre-COVID-19) Southern Baptist congregation in the small town of Pageland, SC. The church is well-established and highly respected throughout the community and is thus poised to be able to make an impact in the years to come. We trend towards the traditional side, but have also made a point of trying to adapt with the times in ways such as developing a strong technology department and a healthy blend of worship styles. We are a strong community at Providence and are in a great position for growth and progress, so we are looking for a pastor that can help us adapt to the changing times ahead and join us in pursuing what God has planned for us.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with church leadership to establish a vision for the future and develop a plan to achieve that vision.
- Lead the church through example and through programming in fulfilling the great commission by evangelism and outreach.
- Make and/or arrange outreach efforts to reach inactive members.
- Preach and present the gospel through well-planned and theologically-sound sermons.
- Make arrangements for pulpit supply and guest speakers at special occasions or revival services.
- Minister to members in situations such as sickness, hospitalization, crisis intervention, death, etc. in which pastoral support is needed.
- Create, submit and monitor the pulpit supply, evangelism, discipleship, and conference budgets.
- Spend a reasonable amount of time working at the church office.
- Act as an ex-officio member of all organizations, departments, and committees.
- Meet with the deacons regularly and may call special meetings with deacons or any committee.
- In cooperation with the Personnel Committee, supervise and perform annual evaluations of staff members as well as an annual self-evaluation.
- Communicate pertinent congregational announcements through phone tree.
- The Pastor is encouraged to attend South Carolina and Southern Baptist Convention as well as to be involved in Chesterfield Baptist Association and other community activities.
- Must have attained a seminary degree or be pursuing a seminary degree, or equivalent degree from an accredited divinity school.
- Must have a continuously maturing relationship with Christ.
- Beliefs must align with the Baptist Faith and Message of 2000.
- Must become a member of Providence Baptist Church upon acceptance of position.
- Experience is valued and preferred.