Rollingbrook Fellowship(Baytown’s First Baptist Church), a Great Commission Baptist church in Baytown, Texas, is seeking an individual for the full-time position of Associate Pastor.
The Associate Pastor of Rollingbrook Fellowship reports to the Senior Pastor. The Associate Pastor will assist in providing direct staff oversight to the church Administrative Assistant, Financial Administrator, Facilities Administrator, Wee School/FBA school Director, Student Pastor, Worship Pastor, Children’s Minister, the Director of Middle School Ministries, and Discipleship Groups (Sunday Bible Study and Home Groups).
The Associate Pastor of Rollingbrook Fellowship is a joyful, energetic, and dynamic individual who has a clear testimony of faith in Christ Jesus, a passion to share his faith, and a lifestyle consistent with the biblical mandates for leadership as prescribed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1 5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-5. He is a person of humility and prayer. He is teachable. The Associate Pastor is mature in church/social/office settings. He models 1 Corinthians 13 and Galatians 5:22.
Duties and Responsibilities
To the Senior Pastor:
· Serves as the right hand to the Senior Pastor, overseeing the day-to-day operations of the church and ministries.
· Supports the Senior Pastor in creating and championing the vision, values, and mission of RF.
· Assists in working with and supporting key leadership teams.
· Assists in preaching, teaching, leading services, officiating funerals, officiating weddings, and making hospital visits; he attends a variety of meetings on behalf of the Senior Pastor.
· Assists in evangelistic efforts, outreach, visitation to church members, newcomers, and visitors.
· Maintains clear channels of communication with the Senior Pastor, informing him of needs, activities, and challenges.
· Seeks and receives the Senior Pastor’s input, insight, and affirmation related to the execution of strategy and decisions.
To the Church Staff:
· Models evangelism.
· Strives to be an imitator of Jesus.
· Has an encouraging positive attitude.
· He is a personable and reliable team player who displays flexibility and humility.
· Meets regularly with staff for planning, setting priorities, coordinating and evaluating the ministry initiatives of the church.
· Mentors, coaches, supervises and assists the ministerial staff in planning, coordinating, implementing and evaluating programs related to their areas of responsibility.
· Conducts annual reviews of staff performance based on program objectives and goals.
· Provides support to the church in areas of social media platforms and marketing programs.
· Works with appropriate groups to develop a comprehensive church budget and church calendar.
· Attends, and possibly leads, required church meetings.
To the Church Family:
· Models evangelism.
· Prays for the entire church.
· Develops strategies to assimilate new members into discipleship groups.
· Is joyfully and faithfully involved in church functions, events, and services; he has a visible presence and works to build relationships with the entire church.
· Is available/present on Sunday morning to ensure lay-leaders/teacher/volunteers are in position and have needed support.
· Models a disciplined lifestyle of worship, Bible reading, prayer, fasting, tithing, and giving.
· He believes in equipping and empowering the followers of Jesus for ministry.
· Minimum of 7 years of experience as a staff member in a ministry leadership capacity.
· Master of Divinity preferred.
· A working knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as the ability to research and use a multitude of information gathering resources is a must.
· Competency in administration
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated giftedness in teaching and preaching.
· A proven record of problem solving.
· Salary based of experience/education
· Health Care