Second Baptist Church of Homestead, PA is searching for a Pastor to lead us in caring for our local body of believers, approximately 250 strong. Our new pastor will help us in our outreach to the local community with the life transforming message of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Established in 1905, we are rich in family connections and strong community values. We have been striving to make a life changing impact in our community through the truth of God’s Word. We desire to grow in the knowledge of the Word and relationship with Him and each other. Second Baptist Church is affiliated with the Lower Monongahela Allegheny Union Baptist Association and the West Mifflin Ministries.
- Must be licensed and ordained as a Baptist minister
- Must fulfill the biblical characteristics of a pastor
- Must have a minimum of 5 years ministerial experience
- Must possess at a minimum two years of college study and some seminary preferred
- Vision and Organizational Leadership
- Preaching / Teaching Ministry
- Spiritual Leadership
- Pastoral Counseling
- Evangelism and Outreach
- Representation of church in community and civic matters
This position will be subject to a pre-employment and financial history and a sex offender registry background check. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non- discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Are you the one God has called to be the servant/leader and fulfill this role of Pastor?
Please supply the following information:
- Cover letter
- Resume vitae
- Copies of degrees, ministerial licenses, and certifications
- Please include your email address and telephone number in your cover letter or resume
Final pastoral candidates selected for further consideration will be notified and asked to provide additional information in the selection process.
Please submit the requested information to:
Pastor Search Committee
P.O. Box 156 Homestead, PA 15120
The deadline for submitting the requested information is: June 30, 2020