Shiloh Community church is a non-denominational, rural community church located 25 miles south of Indianapolis, Indiana. The church was founded in 1931 by the people of our community and has operated continuously since then, independent of any denominational ties. Currently, Sunday attendance is 30-40. The church has a diversified, aging congregation with a few young families with a desire for growth.
Our church is led by an elected board of elders, trustees and committees that handle the business and financial matters. Therefore, our pastor can focus on being a shepherd and spiritual leader to our congregation.
Mission and Vision:
The mission of Shiloh Community Church is to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ through worship, ministry, fellowship and outreach. The vision of Shiloh Community Church is to create a place where faith and real life intersect.
Our worship service is a traditional service with traditional music (hymns and piano).
Our physical facilities include the church sanctuary, four-room educational wing, basement, separate fellowship hall and attached shelter house. Adjacent to the church is a 17-year-old, three-bedroom parsonage with a large back yard. The church address is 5117 E. Greensburg Rd, Franklin, IN 46131.
- Prepare practical, engaging sermons based on scripture with a clear application to everyday life.
- Conduct services on Sundays and special occasions
- Be available to the congregation during the week as needed
- Visit members in the hospital and nursing homes.
- Champion community outreach and engagement with the intent to grow the congregation and attract younger families.
Position Qualifications & Experience
- 3 years minimum experience as an associate or senior pastor
- Bachelor degree from accredited university, with a religious emphasis (minimum); or Master degree from seminary (preferred)
- Must be ordained.
- Comfortable using technology, including social media to reach people (preferred)
Desired Leadership and Character Attributes
- Spends time daily with God in prayer and scripture (apart from sermon preparation)
- Builds relationships with members of the congregation and with people in the community
- Acts with humility, self-awareness, encourages others, shows compassion and forgiveness
- Demonstrates integrity and respect when dealing with matters of the church and congregation
Benefits & Salary
- Benefits package, which includes contributions toward medical insurance and a retirement fund
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Parsonage, with all utilities paid
- Paid time off
Letters of reference & background checks will be required prior to employment.