We are looking for someone whose passion is the spiritual formation of children and their families.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a minimum of Bachelors Degree in Theology & Ministry.
- Be district licensed in the Church of the Nazarene.
The Children’s Pastor (CP) will oversee the care and discipleship of our young children and their families. Redding First Church of the Nazarene exists to make Jesus known, especially to young families, and to help those families win. It is our goal to welcome them to God’s grace, encourage them in a discouraging world, and build them up to become life-long disciples of Jesus Christ. The CP will work in collaboration with the Lead Pastor and others to establish a cohesive program that guides infants and children through Christian formation and discipleship, eventually transitioning them into the youth ministry branch of our church.
The CP will be responsible for the development of a Children’s Ministry Program that fully embraces the doctrines of the Church of the Nazarene. The CP will also be responsible for the development of workshops and training for parents/families, as well as the training and support of volunteer staff.
Position Profile – The Children’s Pastor Will…
- Exhibit a personal, dynamic relationship with God, a teachable spirit, be a team-player, be respectful of others, and lead a healthy family life.
- Demonstrate competent leadership and administrative skills, healthy communication, computer literacy, and a personal spiritual life congruent with the expectations of ministry leaders as laid out in the Nazarene Manual.
- Sense a calling and giftedness toward Children’s Ministry, and should have a deep love for children and their families. The CP should be fully committed to corporate worship, discipleship, fellowship, service and outreach both in his/her personal and ministerial life.
- Execute a vision that will enable Redding First’s Children’s Ministry to cultivate relationships and environments where children (and their families) can encounter grace, encouragement, and growth in grace and then share with others.
- Be a full member of Redding First and will embrace the Church of the Nazarene’s 16 Articles of Faith and Covenant of Christian Conduct.
- Be a team-player and a networker. He/She will support the work and leadership of both local and district Children’s Ministries.
- Be a self-starter, possessing positive and compassionate interpersonal skills particularly when engaging children, parents, staff and visitors of Redding First.
The CP is responsible for Staffing the following:
- Sunday school
- Children’s church
- Wednesday night program
- Nursery (Wednesday & Sunday)
- Special Children’s Ministries Events (e.g. V.B.S.)
The CP needs to develop, implement and oversee the following:
- Children’s ministry budget proposal and subsequent management.
- Children’s ministry procedures and policy handbook.
- Detailed plans for new/special events.
- Volunteer handbook – guidelines.
- Volunteer Screening: Ministry Safe training and record-keeping.
- Maintain a 6-month forecast (minimum).
The CP is responsible for the following:
- Selecting appropriate curriculum for all children’s ministry needs, in partnership with the Lead Pastor, so as to ensure sound doctrine etc.
- Planning and executing Children’s Ministry training days at least twice per year to ensure best practice, great team camaraderie and good communication.
- Building a leadership team that will provide input as well as support. Volunteer buy-in will be very key to the success of this ministry.