The Bishop of Spokane is receiving names for a full-time Priest in Charge at the Church of the Nativity, which is situated in the southeast region of the diocese in Lewiston, Idaho. Lewiston borders the confluence of the Clearwater and Snake Rivers and Hells Canyon, North America’s deepest river gorge.
The members of Nativity covenant with God and each other to: faithfully come together to worship God; encourage ourselves and others to regularly participate in all the church has to offer; actively use our gifts of time, talent and treasure to support and participate in the work of God in the Church and community; listen to each other in discernment of God’s gifts for service, and support others in their service; pray with and for each other, offering care and support in joy and sorrow; study, explore and incorporate Christ’s teaching in our lives; welcome, respect and include all people as beloved children of God.
The congregation seeks a Priest in Charge who will:
- Lead and equip them in sharing Christ’s love to our community through the gifts of Anglican spirituality.
- Commit to social justice.
- Has trained in reconciliation.
- Provide strong pastoral skills.
- Uphold scholarly as well as “down-to-earth” work.
- Use effective communication.
The Diocese of Spokane is a place for meaningful diocesan service and we hold an expectation that clergy will fully participate in the life of the diocese.
Candidates wishing to apply for the position, please email the following to the Rev. Canon Susan Cleveley.
• A cover letter addressed to the Vestry describing what appeals to you about the Church of the Nativity and how you see your gifts and skills matching with theirs.
• OTM profile (in pdf format)