The Program Director will oversee the coordination and administration of all program events and activities at Covenant Bay. This includes all summer camps, day camps, family camps, retreats and rental activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
In accordance with Covenant Bay Bible Camp’s purpose and goals develop and implement a long-term program plan.
- Develop new
- Plan the delivery of programs and activities
- Develop an annual programming budget and submit to the Executive
- Develop and/or update an evaluation framework to assess the
- Develop and/or maintain a plan for staff care and development
- Develop and/or maintain a plan for camper follow-up.
In accordance with the program plan, manage and lead staff and guests.
- Ensure that program activities operate and comply with the policies and procedures, relevant legislation and professional
- Maintain forms and records to document program activities
- Oversee the collection and maintenance of records of campers for statistical and ministry purposes.
- Ensure all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with organizational standards
- Supervise program staff by providing direction, input and feedback
In consultation with the Executive Director,
- Recruit, interview and select well-qualified program staff
- Ensure that personnel files for the program are properly maintained and kept confidential
- Establish and implement a performance management process for all program staff
- Give pastoral care to the staff throughout the year as appropriate
- Develop and update job descriptions with the Executive
Administer and Evaluate Programs
- Write reports on the program for management and for funders
- Ensure that the program operates within the approved budget
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the program are up to date
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the program evaluation framework
- Report evaluation findings to the Executive Director and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate
- Executive Director may delegate roles and responsibilities to this director as the need arises.
- Will work alongside other staff to do tasks such as dishwashing, hosting, cleaning and being willing to help out in situations as
- Must have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ!
- Able to be a good team
- Experience leading
- Pastoral skills and ability to mentor and coach (Position works with students)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Innovative in approach to problem-solving and existing
- Degree in a related subject
- Knowledge of program management and camping ministry
- Proficiency in the use of computers and technology
- 3 to 5 years experience in a related field
- The Program Director will be on-site for all CBBC programming and will stay overnight during overnight If unable to be present for programming that will ensure an appropriate substitute with the approval of the Executive Director.
- The Program Director will maintain regular on-site office
- Works closely with
- Facility Director
- Hospitality Coordinator