Our vision is to see God establish a Gospel-Centered, Multi-cultural church for our city and for His glory. Our mission is to exalt Christ (Gospel), equip the church (community), and to extend His grace (mission). Our desire as a church is to magnify the greatness of Christ by responding to the truth of the gospel. A key aspect of this response is through worship music and family discipleship.
Refuge Bible is searching for a staff position in the areas of Director of Music and Family Life Development. We are searching for a Music Director who can lead us to the response of the Gospel through worship and mission. Due to our stylistic vision, we are looking for a worship leader that can lead with guitar or keyboard/ piano. All staff are expected to participate as an active member in the church, including Missional Community and DNA Groups.
Although we are looking for a Director of Worship, we desire to find someone with competency and passion to equip families and our growing Refuge Kids for discipleship and mission.
Title of Position: Director of Music and Family Life
Purpose of Position: To plan, coordinate and lead the weekly music ministry for Refuge Bible Church and to give leadership to Family Discipleship
Reports to: Pastor of Vision and Preaching
Relates/ works closely with: Pastor of Vision and Preaching, Sunday Morning Team Leaders, Musicians, Sound Team, Presentation team and Refuge Kids leaders and families
Church Overview: We are a Church Plant in the core development stage on the Southeast side of Indianapolis.
Primary Strengths Required
Although this position isn’t beginning as an Deacon role, we are looking for a candidate who fits the description of an Deacon (outlined in Titus 1:5-9, 1 Tim. 3:1-7, 1 Peter 5:1-4) who walks in union with Jesus, fights the good fight of faith, and desires to be a disciple maker, who make disciples.
- Faithful, Available and Teachable (FAT)
- Passionately committed to Refuge Bible’s vision and philosophy of ministry
- Responsible and willing to take ownership
- Servant-hearted – Leading for the sake of others, especially those who don’t know Jesus
- Energized by a posture/approach to worship that is both spirit and truth and contextually sensitive to the people of Southeast Indy.
- Team Player – Enjoys collaborating with others, eager for constructive/gracious feedback. Thinks about others above self.
- Able to quickly adapt to unique complexities of a church plant that recently merged with a small Bible church in our area
- High level of initiative – able to anticipate problems and implement solutions with little guidance.
- Able to lead others in innovating & exploring artful expression
- Attention to detail & commitment to a high level of creative excellence (without perfectionism)
Expectations of time and pay
- 35 hours per week
- 4 weeks vacation
- Leadership development opportunities (conferences, residencies, etc.) based on candidate’s interest
- Time & pay may increase as Refuge Bible grows, with opportunity for additional leadership responsibilities
How To Apply
Applicants should email their resume with video of them leading a worship song with guitar or keys to Pastor Jason at [email protected] to receive other documents and proceed forward in our process.