Wooddale Church takes seriously the Great Commission! As a growing, multi-site church in the Twin Cities, Wooddale is committed to making more disciples for Jesus Christ. With a vision to share the Gospel here, near and far Wooddale is looking for creative and Christ-centered leaders to join our team. Wooddale has a long standing commitment to student ministries. This is an opportunity for a visionary leader to build on a strong student ministry foundation and create a gospel movement among high school and college students in Twin Cities.
Wooddale Church is committed to spreading the hope the Gospel here, near, and far. Over the past year close to 12,000 people heard the Gospel through an event, outreach, or service at one of Wooddale’s campuses. Wooddale launched 7 Corners Coffee in August of 2019 as a way to connect with university students and reach them in a comfortable environment. Since 2015 Wooddale has helped to plant over 5,000 churches around the world through our 85 Global Partners. The ideal person for the Senior High Pastor will have a heart and vision to lead Wooddale’s Senior High ministry to impart the hope of the Gospel to students partnering with ministry opportunities here, near, and far.
• Develop and implement a vision for creating a Gospel movement of senior high and college students in the west metro of the Twins Cities.
• Spend adequate time with senior high and college students and families to build relationships minister to them.
• Develop ministry programs that align with Wooddale’s discipleship pathway.
• Recruit, train, lead, and empower staff and volunteer leaders.
• Encourage and integrate fellowship, discipleship, and evangelism into Sunday and Wednesday programming.
• Design and implement outreach events where students hear the Gospel and have opportunities to respond and are followed-up with for discipleship.
• Develop and maintain written coordinated programs for senior high and college ministries.
• Oversee and lead international mission trip(s), as well as local weekend retreats.
• Maintain meaningful contact and participation with parents of senior high students.
• Maintain meaningful contact with college students, and develop programs to promote their church involvement and vibrant faith both during after college graduation.
• Encourage church membership and ministry among senior high and college students.
• Participate in leadership direction of special missions programs, outreach activities, social events, and teaching sessions.
• Participate in other pastoral functions as assigned by the Campus Pastor, or the Senior Pastor.
• A bachelor’s degree in the fields of Bible, Theology, Ministry, Child Development, Education, Business, Non-profit leadership, or related is required, although a masters and/or seminary degree is a plus.
• Experience working with youth in a local church setting and recruiting, developing, and leading volunteer staff.
• Relational heart to minister and disciple senior high and college students and families.
• Proven record of leading program design and implementation.
• Successful leadership and growth of prior ministries.
• Ability to integrate senior high and college ministry with the rest of the church ministry.
• Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Wooddale Church.
• Be a regular participant in public worship at Wooddale Church.
• Remain a member in good standing at Wooddale Church.
• Reports to the Eden Prairie Campus Pastor.
• Works in close partnership with the Discipleship, 5th/6th Grade, and Junior High teams.
• Supervises staff, interns, and volunteers.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK & TRAVEL
This position requires long hours and weekend work and the ability to travel to all campuses and off-site meetings, as needed.
Benefits offered include medical, dental, vision, Paid Time Off (PTO), and life insurance as well as retirement plans. Newly hired employees also have access to professional development and leadership coaching in addition to ministry mentorship opportunities.
We use E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
Equal Opportunity Employer