Expectations: The Pastor and every Movement team member is expected to have a growing, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ. Movement Church will conduct themselves with grace and dignity when dealing with other team members, volunteers, attenders, and members of the public. We want to model the giving principle in the Bible, be involved in a group and our community while being family serving. We will embrace and embody the following Movement Church values: Welcoming, Integrity, Loving, Prayerful, Empowering, and Togetherness.
Accountability, Evaluation and Compensation: The Lead Pastor is a member of and accountable to the Elder Team. As such the Lead Pastor will be in regular communication with the Elders providing updates, reports, etc. on a regular basis. The Elders will conduct a performance evaluation annually and review of the compensation package.
- Church wide leadership: The role of the Pastor is to assist the Elders in overseeing the life and direction of the church. The Pastor will have a firm grasp on the purpose, values, and strategy of the church. Lead, empower and align the staff and congregation in a manner to achieve the vision, mission, and by-laws of Movement Church.
- Preaching and teaching: The Pastor will be the primary preacher for worship services. The Pastor will provide leadership in planning and executing the education programs, small groups and other programs in discipleship and ministry training.
- Lead ministry staff: Collaborate with other ministry staff for communication spots, creative elements, music, and flow of service. Plan regular staff meeting to coordinate planning of future events. Provide ongoing communication, coaching and development of the staff including annual performance reviews.
- Pastoral care: Minister to those in need who are hospitalized, grieving, or in crisis. Refer those who require further care to professionals. Officiate funerals and weddings as needed.
- Community engagement: Support and empower the Community Engagement Leader to foster existing community partnerships and help develop new ones. Encourage and support community events.
Competencies: Leadership, Clear Communicator, Humility, Teacher, Bible Based, Empowering, Genuine, Coach, Outgoing, Builder
Please email a resume to Daniel Cropper.
Phone: (859) 663-8048