Purpose of Position: To preach and teach the Scriptures in order to clearly inspire people to a mature relationship with Jesus Christ. To be the executive leader of the ministerial and office staff with the purposes of administration and supervision. To be the leader in guiding members to witness, grow and develop Christian maturity and participate in Christian ministries.
LEAD IN DYNAMIC CORPORATE WORSHIP . . .
- Provide spiritual leadership to the church, its elected leaders, it ministers and staff.
- Prepare and deliver sermons; supervise preaching schedules.
- Teach a Adult Bible Fellowship class regularly and other Bible studies as needed.
- Serve as a compassionate pastoral model and a prophetic voice.
LEAD IN EVANGELISM . . .
- Visit prospective members and lead in evangelistic outreach of Highview Christian Church.
- Lead in evangelism training and calling to equip lay members for evangelism while also serving as Leader of Evangelism Ministry Team.
- Be available as a resource on a limited basis, to other churches and organizations with Elder approval.
SERVE AS ADMINISTRATOR . . .
- Be the executive leader of the ministerial and office staff with the purposes of administration, supervision and evaluation.
- Coordinate the many programs of the church through close and regular communication with other ministerial staff.
- Supervise and coordinate ministerial visitation of hospitals and home bound in a regular fashion.
- Provide leadership in planning, coordinating, and evaluating the total program of the church.
- Provide leadership in the areas of “Leadership Training” to develop and train new and existing leaders.
- Preside at staff meetings and coordinate schedules for effective church programming and enhancement of growth both spiritually and numerically and insure adequate on-site staff presence.
SERVE IN PASTORAL ROLES . . .
- Work in close relationship with elected leaders for purpose of direction and guidance in various areas of responsibility as may be assigned by Elders.
- Conduct counseling sessions; perform wedding ceremonies; conduct funerals.
- Cooperate with other ministers in local ministerial fellowship to develop understanding and fellowship between churches.
- Communicate regularly with lay elders and in conjunction with their guidance, give guidance and supervision to such tasks as may be assigned to him from time to time.
- Serve on boards, committees or conventions outside of Parkview with Eldership approval.
PRINCIPAL ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS
- Works alongside and is responsible to the Eldership of Highview Christian Church.
- Supervise and direct the work of ministerial and office staff and evaluate the same.
- Advise Elders regarding staff policy and program.
- Advise and champion Ministry Teams regarding special needs, equipment, etc.
- Shall be doctrinally accountable to the Elders.
- Maintain close communication with Elders regarding staff needs and responsibility.
PREPARATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS:
- Shall be a man of God whose life strives to achieve high standards of Christian Character.
- Shall be a member of the Christian Church or Church of Christ (undenominational)
- Shall hold a baccalaureate degree from an approved Bible College or Seminary and preferably a Masters Degree.
- Shall have demonstrated the ability to work on a multiple-staff and possess the necessary management skills to do so efficiently.
- Shall have a minimum of five to ten years of administrative experience with a multiple staff.
- Shall be dedicated to winning people to Christ and nurturing them in Christ.
- Shall recognize, accept and promote the team concept of a unified ministry.
- Shall have and maintain congenial leadership manners for developing compatible relationships.
- Shall maintain spiritual growth/health by attending conferences, conventions, courses and study.
- Shall demonstrate a willingness to serve under the authority of others as well as being an authority for others.
Diane Martinez, Secretary