The Senior Pastor is called by God to be the congregation’s spiritual leader and shepherd; a godly person, filled with the Holy Spirit, devoted to prayer, and wise in the character and ways of the Lord. This person must model a life of holiness and integrity, have a deep faith, and be passionately committed to ministering the Gospel with a heart to bring others to Jesus Christ, shepherd them to Christian maturity and equip them for the work of the Kingdom. Dedicated to the supreme authority of the Holy Scriptures, this person must be grounded in its wisdom and instructions.
The Senior Pastor must believe in orthodox doctrine as expressed in the Chapel Covenant and welcoming of all Christian traditions as befits our interdenominational Chapel, helps us celebrate the Christian Year, and conducts a sacramental ministry through Baptism and Holy Communion.
We seek a pastor of the Word and of the Spirit who has strong leadership, communication and pastoral skills, who leads a life of humility, prayer, and integrity, who displays the fruit and ministerial gifts of the Holy Spirit. We seek a person who will unconditionally love the people of our faith-based congregation and the surrounding community.
- WORSHIP—Facilitate and lead well-planned, well-coordinated, and inspirational traditional and contemporary worship services, faithful to Scripture and the diversity of our traditions. This includes the administration of Holy Communion, Baptisms, weddings, and funerals.
- PREACHING—Present sermons which are inspiring and applicable to our daily lives. The congregation should be challenged to be active in evangelism and willing to be a voice for traditional interpretation of Biblical truths.
- TEACHING—Facilitate and periodically lead classes designed to provide thoughtful exegesis of the Bible, illuminate scripture, and inspire the congregation to Spiritual growth and maturity, including “Witnessing for Christ”.
- PASTORAL CARE—Ensuring the pastoral care of members, especially in times of particular need. This includes Spiritual guidance and counseling and fostering a strong spirit of unity and community life in the Chapel so all members will know they are loved.
- ADMINISTRATION—Under the direction of the Chapel Governing Board supervise all paid staff members.
- CHAPEL GOVERNANCE—The Senior Pastor reports to and is accountable to the leadership of the Chapel Governing Board and is an ex officio Board member.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES – Other duties consistent with the role of Senior Pastor may be required from time to time to support the Chapel’s mission.
- Minimum of a post-graduate degree in Theology/Divinity.
- A record of seeking to grow in ministry skills and relationship with the Lord.
- Experience in pastoring healthy churches and demonstrated ability to lead others effectively.
- A minimum of ten years of experience and a record of success in increasingly responsible roles in church leadership.
Please visit our website at www.ameliachapel.com for a full description.
To apply please submit your resume, your statement of faith, and any other helpful information by email or call the office at (904) 277-4414, or by mail to Stan Wilson, Search Committee Chairman, Amelia Plantation Chapel, 36 Bowman Road, Amelia Island FL 32034