OUR CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS—
THE PASTOR WE’RE PRAYING FOR:
The pastoral search committee and the congregation have been seeking the Lord to bring us our next shepherd for Coram Deo Presbyterian Church. We seek a senior pastor who displays the qualities contained in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1, is an ordained pastor in the PCA (or qualified to be ordained), and exhibits the following characteristics:
• Knows who he is in Christ and is faithful in studying and preaching the Word of God boldly with urgency and conviction, bringing it to
bear on the changing needs of individuals, the community, and the world. We value expository teaching that’s in accordance with the
Westminster Standards and the historic confessions of the Church.
• Is eager to know, love and shepherd the flock with Christ-like compassion.
• Is a wise and humble leader with a minimum of 10 years of pastoral experience, preferably including experience as a Senior Pastor in a
• Is experienced in working with the Session to develop a rich worship life, educating the congregation for meaningful participation.
• Is diligent in training church officers, developing leaders, and providing instruction for new members.
• Equips the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ by encouraging all to use their gifts for God’s glory and the
blessing of our neighbors and the nations.
• Pray – Before applying, please confirm your intent to apply through prayer.
• Prepare – Please prepare a cover letter, resume, Ministry Data Form (MDF)*, and links to several preaching examples
• Post – Once prepared, send your materials to our Pastoral Search Committee by email.
Our Pastoral Search Committee will confirm receipt and review your materials. If they would like to schedule an interview, a committee
representative will contact you.