The Senior Pastor at Crossroads Baptist Church will provide spiritual and organizational leadership by preaching the Gospel and communicating the vision for the church. He will lead the staff by example (spiritually, personally, and professionally). He will build a strong relational and spiritual rapport with the congregation and ministry leaders. The Senior Pastor will also help to authentically inspire, encourage, equip, empower, and lead the congregation to fulfill the vision that God has given them.
- Prays for clear direction in leading the church vision.
- Plans for God’s will for the church and staff moving forward to achieve the vision, goals, and objectives.
- Prepares and preaches biblical messages.
- Promotes Crossroads to the community and build relationships with other Christian organizations.
- Pursues personal education and spiritual growth.
- Supervises the executive pastor (and the other staff through him).
- Moderates (or appoint a moderator for) quarterly and specially called business meetings.
- Leads the church in functioning as a New Testament church.
- Leads the congregation and church staff in performing their ministry tasks.
- Leads worship, proclamation, education, and pastoral ministries.
- He will have a proven track record of leadership, organizational development, and effective communication.
- Has a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Prioritizes his own spiritual growth through prayer, fasting, stewardship, and other disciplines as outlined in Scripture.
- Demonstrates the qualities of integrity, humility, responsibility, and servanthood.
- Possesses strong relational skills and a love for people inside and outside the church.
- Is a disciple-maker, who creates and grows discipleship through leadership and communication; he practices personal evangelism.
- Has a proven heart and track record for supporting, promoting, and engaging in Gospel missions.
- Collaborates well with others and is teachable.
- Possesses excellent communication skills in writing and speaking.
- Fully aligned with and supportive of the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- Provides a demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning and personal development.
- Possesses 10+ years of (ordained) pastoral ministry experience.
- Possesses an undergraduate degree (required) and a seminary degree (preferred).
- Meets the qualifications listed in Titus 1:5-9, 1 Tim. 3:1-7, and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
The Senior Pastor is accountable to the Personnel Oversight Team and then to the congregation.
- Competitive salary
- Subsidized health insurance
- 403(b) retirement contribution
- Ministry stipend
- Paid time off
- Please provide a cover letter, resume, picture, video links (if desired), and statement of faith
- We will acknowledge receipt of your resume
- Please be patient as we move through our selection process