Eastmont Baptist Church is prayerfully seeking a Senior Pastor to lead our congregation.
Position Title: Senior Pastor
Full-time Salaried, Benefits as approved.
Reports to: Eastmont Body of Believers
Qualifications and Responsibilities
The Senior Pastor at Eastmont Baptist Church will provide spiritual leadership to the congregation through biblically sound preaching, discipleship, and exemplifying godly character. The Senior Pastor will demonstrate a high level of competency and excellence in the study of the scriptures, church leadership and organization, and equipping the church to be disciples. The Senior Pastor for Eastmont will be a man who is called, ordained and set apart by God to the gospel ministry, evangelical in theology and is committed to living and serving in a manner consistent with the standards set forth in Scripture for Pastors.
Qualifications – The Bible provides specific qualifications for those who will lead a congregation of people. Jesus is the perfect fulfillment of these qualifications as the “Senior Pastor” of the Church.
- The Senior Pastor will be qualified to minister in the church, as required in 1 Timothy 3:1- 7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- The Senior Pastor will demonstrate humility as exemplified in 1 Timothy 1:13-16.
- The Senior Pastor will be a graduate of an accredited Southern Baptist Seminary (2 Timothy 2:15).
- The Senior Pastor will be experienced in serving in a pastoral ministry position (2 Timothy 4:1-2).
- The Senior Pastor will be called by the Holy Spirit as defined in John 15:16 and confirmed by a body of believers through ordination as described in Acts 13:1-3.
- The Senior Pastor will embrace Baptist Faith and Message
Responsibilities – The responsibilities of the Senior Pastor may be outlined in terms of his primary biblical roles as follows:
- Preach and teach God’s Word as led by the Be the principal communicator of God’s Word in public worship and ensure that the Church is growing to maturity in Christ. (Ephesians 4:11- 13; 2 Timothy 2:15; Titus 1:9)
- Be transformed by the renewal of the mind by time in prayer and personal time with the (1 Timothy 4:16; Romans 12:1-2)
- Model the heart of the Chief Shepherd and ensure that the flock is well led, cared for, and protected. (1 Peter 5:1-3; 1 Corinthians 2:1-5; John 21:17)
- Chief overseer who will exercise biblical authority over the church entrusted by God. (Acts 20:28-31; 2 Timothy 4:1-2)
- The principal spiritual leader and vision caster of the (Proverbs 29:18)
- Lead the church to understand, embrace, and accomplish its mission to make disciples both locally and globally through the vision of engaging Christ followers in worship, ministry, discipleship, fellowship, and evangelism. The Senior Pastor will participate with the associational, state, and denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern, and will support the work of Southern Baptist missions and the Cooperative Program. (Matthew 28:19)
- Models the practice of personal evangelism and ensures that the church is challenged and equipped to be obedient to the Great The Senior Pastor will give direction to the ministerial staff and other leadership teams to ensure that the Great Commission is carried out to the local community and beyond. (Acts 1:8; 2 Corinthians 2:14-16)
- Lead, disciple, and encourage ministerial staff. The Senior Pastor will work with the ministerial staff to establish a shared vision and purpose for the church and translate broad goals into achievable (2 Timothy 2:2)
- Oversees in the planning of worship services, outreach, and events in order to support staff and lay leaders to successfully coordinate these services and (1 Corinthians 14:40)