PROFILE OF OUR NEXT PASTOR
By God’s grace, our next Senior Pastor will be a man who has the character and
skills of a Christ-like shepherd, who embodies the characteristics of a pastor as
outlined in Timothy and Titus.
Spiritual Maturity: Willing to carry the responsibility of a spiritually adult person – a gracious, humble servant for whom the gospel of Jesus Christ is central.
• Knows who he is in Christ, secure in the gifts and graces given him by Christ, rests in his union with Christ, and is growing through the means of grace.
• Intentional and healthy in rhythms of work, rest, creativity, and self-care.
• Wisely cares for and cultivates his earthly relationships.
• Has his public and private life in order.
• Takes ownership for his sins and is quick to repent.
• Stable in his callings and anticipates serving a long tenure in this role.
• Leads others to Jesus, even as he is being led by Christ.
• Lives at peace with God, self, and others (relationally wise).
• Serves humbly, keeping the gospel at the center of everything.
• Draws the session to repentance and toward greater clarity, unity and health around their roles and responsibilities.
• Guides the staff in caring for one another and aligning our ministries together.
• Cultivates a culture of welcome, warmth, and joy.
• Fosters a greater sense of belonging and trust throughout our community.
• Feeds the flock by preaching and teaching the Word of God exegetically:
– With joy, delight, and zeal;
– In humble reliance upon the grace of the Spirit, with wit, winsomeness, and wisdom to the committed, the confused, the struggling, and the seeking; and
– With unction and power that stirs his hearers with a clarion call to follow Jesus Christ, our Lord.
• Possesses a heart for taking the gospel to those outside the church.
• Possesses a heart for cross-cultural ministry.
• Models and equips us to be a missionary people for a broken city and world.
• Actively leads us in outreach and evangelism.
If you resonate with our history, place, areas of growth, and leadership qualities of
our next pastor, we’re eager to hear from you.
1. If you were tasked to do only one thing in your job description as our next pastor, what would it be and why?
2. What gifts, graces, and experiences would you bring to our church?
3. What do you love most about pastoring?
4. How do we have open arms like Christ but at the same time don’t dilute the Gospel?
Step 2: Please use the following format to label all attachments:
Examples: JohnSmith_CoverLetter, JohnSmith_Resume, JohnSmith_Questions
Step 3: Send all attachments as PDFs