Fellowship CRC is seeking an experienced, full-time senior pastor to lead our congregation, alongside council and staff, into the next phase of ministry that we believe God is calling us to. We have just completed a time of reflection, healing, and discerning of God’s call for Fellowship under the leadership of a Specialized Transitional Minister and through participation in the Renewal Lab. We are thankful to God for leading us to start this new chapter in our story and are eager to pray for, participate in and put to practice our core values for ministry and life. We look forward to our next lead pastor providing the encouragement of the Holy Spirit’s power to sustain us living God’s mission.
We are looking for a pastor to assist in discipling those in our midst with deep faith roots as well as those who are young in their walk with Christ. We hope for our next pastor to be open and excited to try innovative ways to serve our community and to have a genuine love for leading God’s people. Strong leadership and communication skills would be an asset in working alongside our council and staff throughout their ministries at Fellowship.
Pastor’s General Responsibilities
The Pastor is to serve God and Fellowship Church by:
1. Providing biblical, spiritual, pastoral and visionary leadership, alongside Council, within the framework of the Fellowship’s overall vision, mission and purpose.
2. Promoting the spiritual health, growth and well-being of the congregation through preaching, teaching, prayer and administration of the sacraments.
1. Is an ordained pastor of the Christian Reformed Church
2. Be a committed Christian, speaking freely about a personal relationship with the Lord
3. Be a person of prayer, a student of the Bible, and be committed to personal spiritual growth
4. Demonstrate a life submitted to Christ through lifestyle choices, words, and practice.
5. Possess a heart for youth; is personable to pastor youth and young adults
6. Proven leadership in an outreach minded church; has a passion to reach those who do not know Christ
7. Has a love for the Christian Reformed Church, submitting to accountability, acknowledging the authority of the body of Christ
8. Be a cooperative, self-confident motivator
9. Be an effective team-builder
10. Be a compassionate and empathetic shepherd
11. Be an effective communicator
Preaching/Teaching and Worship
1. Plan and implement a weekly preaching schedule, teaching the whole truth of God and encouraging growth and a daily walk of faith (teaching that has life application)
2. In collaboration with all ministry leaders, ensures that there is solid, engaging Biblical teaching for all age groups outside Sunday worship and creates a structured plan/program to provide discipleship for children, teens, young adults, new Christians and mature Christians
3. Meets weekly with the Worship Director to evaluate and plan all regular and special services
4. Preaching that awakens a desire to reach the unsaved and is sensitive to new believers, calling them to a personal relationship with Christ
Leadership and Administration
1. Works alongside and under the guidance of Council developing a compelling vision and is the primary champion for implementation
2. Sits on the Council and attends all meetings
3. Attends Classis meetings as requested by Council.
4. Schedules and participates in the planning and leadership of an annual Council retreat that educates, motivates, and supports its members
5. Leads, directs and manages staff, interns and contract employees under the oversight of Council.
6. Encourage members with leadership potential to use their gifts in church ministry
7. Provide and arranges for leadership development and training for church leaders, volunteers, and staff
8. Teach a New Members Class at least twice a year
9. Promotes and teaches Profession of Faith classes
1. Oversees pastoral care of the congregation in collaboration with a team of elders
2. Makes hospital visits as needed
3. Makes yearly visits (more as necessary) to seniors and shut-ins
4. Makes baptism preparation visits
5. Provides minor counselling (supportive listening), and refers to professionals for those needing more extensive counselling as needed
6. Conducts baptisms and funerals, pre-marriage counselling, and weddings as required
7. Fosters and models a servant heart in the members of Fellowship so that we are a body that supports and cares for each other
1. Engages in the community through involvement in clubs, committees, as a speaker or volunteer in key community endeavors according to passion, giftedness and interest
2. Equips and mobilizes key leaders and volunteers within the church in the role of evangelism and in the development of strategic outreach ministries and initiatives
3. Represents Fellowship in the local ministerial
Professional Development/Personal Growth
1. The senior pastor is a life-long learner, attending courses/workshops regularly
2. Devotes time to spiritual, mental, physical development and well-being through personal disciplines
3. Encouraged to attend a small group as a participant or leader
4. Encouraged to seek out an accountability prayer partner within the church community as well as a mentor within Classis or the local ministerial
5. Schedules personal prayer retreats
If you are interested in more information, please contact Stephanie Van Straten by email.