First Baptist Church of Bolivar, Missouri, is seeking a man called by God to pastor and faithfully preach and teach from the Word of God while providing godly, visionary leadership. First Baptist is a family of believers making disciples who influence the world by becoming daily followers of the Lord Jesus Christ. We are devoted to the Great Commission with a long history of practicing missions both locally and globally. Proud of our history, we serve in the present while looking towards the future. We are intentional about small group Bible studies for the purpose of spiritual growth. Our Church recognizes that we have not been saved to sit but saved to serve.
PRINCIPLE FUNCTION: The Senior Pastor is responsible to the church for leading the members to fulfill the stated purpose of the church. The purpose of First Baptist Church is “To love God and love others by…
Worshiping almighty God
Nurturing each other through fellowship
Searching the Bible for insight
Growing toward Christ’s example
Serving in the spirit of Christ
Proclaiming the gospel to the whole world.”
- Give himself continually to the daily disciplines that keeps one living out of a heart for God, releases the Spirit within, and enables one to keep a clear vision and sense of priorities for himself and the church.
- Preach biblically based, clear and practical messages that motivate the listeners to put the concepts and truths into practice in their daily lives
- Provide leadership for superior, dynamic worship services that are motivating and healing.
- Seek a God-given clear vision for the church, articulate it clearly and with persuasion, and be able to advocate and mobilize for it.
- Give strong leadership to the staff and lay leaders and enable them to give strong leadership which gives a clear sense of purpose and direction in ministry and which puts strong emphasis on involving increasing numbers of laypersons in carrying out ministries of service.
- Serve the church as a loving Shepherd, ministering to the sick and dying, counseling persons in need, performing weddings, conducting funerals and other such pastoral care duties.
- Cooperate with associational, state, and denominational leaders in matters of mutual concern; keep the church informed of denominational development; represent the church in civic matters.
- Prepare assigned ministry teams for the annual budget for the needs of assigned programs and responsibilities; administer the approved budget according to policy.
- Work in cooperation with the church staff to support the total ministry of the church.
- Serve as chair of the CLC to facilitate the coordination of accomplishing the Strategic Plan and Annual Ministry Plan of the church
- Perform other duties as the church determines the need.
- Seminary Degree or equivalent
- Pastoral experience
- 1 Timothy 3 qualifications
Please submit a cover letter, a resume, and links to preaching, if available, by email.
If you have questions, call Committee Co-chairs Amber Thompson (417-399-1779) or Bob Glasgow (417-327-2860).