First Baptist Church of Petersburg is seeking a mission-minded man to serve God with our church. First Baptist is a small congregation (45-60 attendance), striving to follow God’s will as we serve our community. Our pastor will be expected to provide leadership and direction for our ongoing ministries while growing our congregation with new, younger families.
Petersburg is a culturally diverse community of 3,000 people living on an island in the middle of the 17-million acre Tongass National Forest. Tourism and commercial fishing are our economic engines.
Participate in world-class hunting, fishing and boating opportunities, as a fisher of men whom God has called.
Bring your sense of humor along with your sense of adventure. Both will be required as you live the Alaskan lifestyle far from shopping malls and traffic jams.
Great schools and basic medical services available. Experience our mild winter climate, similar to Seattle, and our long summer days. Temperatures rarely climb above 80 degrees.
Requirements & Qualifications:
– Must be a married man who meets the qualifications for Pastor found in I Timothy 3:1-12 and Titus 1:5-9
– Must be an ordained Southern Baptist Minister that subscribes to the doctrinal statement of the Baptist Faith and Message adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention in 2000.
– Strong leadership, communication and administrative skills required.
– Must be a man with a heart for the lost, who is community minded.
– College and (or) Seminary degree required
– Experience preferred, but recent seminary graduates considered.
Apply with letter of introduction, family photo, resume, personal testimony, comprehensive philosophy of ministry, list of professional and personal references and audio samples of recent sermons.
Visit our church website, www.fbcpetersburg.com and email your interest in our pastor position after reading our church profile as well as the community profile.
Position open until filled.
CONTACT Nathan Midkiff email firstname.lastname@example.org