First Baptist Church of Osteen located in Osteen, Florida is prayerfully seeking a full-time pastor called by God to be the spiritual leader of the congregation.
The pastor shall meet the spiritual qualifications as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, 1 Peter 5:1-4 and Acts 6:4. We require a candidate who practices and preaches the unadulterated word of God, is a model of and promoter of a strong prayer life and whose beliefs are consistent with the Southern Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
We are seeking a visionary with strong leadership skills who will enhance Christian development for the membership and strive to increase the Kingdom of God. The pastor shall be able to relate to and minister to the congregation and represent the congregation within the community. The preferred candidate would be married and maintain his household in accordance with 1 Timothy 3:4.
Education & Experience:
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Divinity or Theology
• Minimum of 5 years of Pastoral or Ministerial Leadership Experience • Ordained
Key Responsibilities and Duties
• Exercise decisive leadership of the church to achieve it’s mission and vision.
• The pastor shall be the primary preacher for all worship services including performance of baptisms and officiate at the Lord’s Supper. In addition, the pastor shall officiate at weddings and funerals.
• The pastor shall oversee the pastoral care needs of the congregation and, as necessary, share with ordained staff in hospital visitations, home visits and counseling.
• The pastor shall provide leadership in planning and executing small group programs for all age groups.
• The pastor shall oversee and execute the administration of the church through appropriate staff and leadership teams.
Evangelism & Missions
• Grow our church by supporting missions both locally and globally
• Integrate a multi-generational congregation
• Lead in outreach for the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the local community
• Strive to convert all to the Christian faith and then provide for their instruction and growth in the faith of the Gospel
Pastoral and Ministerial Expectations
• Demonstrate a high priority of personal devotion to the Lord
• Demonstrate a strong prayer life that focus on reliance of God and love for others
• Be a servant leader who leads by example
• Provide pastoral and biblical counseling to members and dedicate time for counseling
Administrative and Leadership Expectations
• The pastor is responsible for strategic goals and visions in the execution of the church’s mission
to include coordinating and leading meetings with staff, deacons, and committees to monitor the spiritual pulse of the congregation.
• Exercise decisive leadership of the church to achieve the mission and vision
• Serve as an Ex-Officio member of all boards, committees and organizations of the church
• Delegate assignments among staff, deacons and church members within the congregation
Interested Candidates shall submit the following:
2. Detailed listing of ministerial and pastoral experiences
3. Three references: including one from pastor/clergy; one personal and one professional
Please send requested documents via email or by mail to:
First Baptist Church of Osteen
321 N SR 415
Osteen, FL 32764
Attention: Sonny Turner, Chairperson, Pastoral Search Committee
FINAL CANDIDATES SHALL CONSENT TO REFERENCE CHECKS, EDUCATIONAL/CREDENTIAL
VERIFICATION, CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECK, DRIVERS LICENSE RECORDS AND DRUG TEST