Grace Presbyterian Church (Grace Church) is seeking to hire a Senior Pastor to lead our gospel-centered community in the teaching, shepherding, and stewardship of the church. Grace Church was founded in 2003 to help bring the Reformed tradition to the vibrant Oklahoma college town of Stillwater. Grace Church is home to about 120 members and regular attenders. It is our hope that the next Senior Pastor will be a humble man of God, a strong teacher, a visionary leader, a wise counsellor, and a friend to the broken-hearted.
– To preach the word of God with passion, joy, and conviction, bringing it to bear on the needs of individuals and the church body.
– To partner with the session in developing a rich weekly worship life and educating the congregation for meaningful participation.
– To be very active in the teaching role which includes interpreting the Scriptures and theological concepts, understanding history of the universal church, and providing instruction for church officers and educational leaders.
– To share members’ struggles regarding the Christian faith with humility and provide opportunity for individuals and groups to reflect on beliefs, concerns, and doubts regarding Christian understanding of the spiritual dimensions of life.
– To place an emphasis on building community within the church and creating opportunities for fellowship that help members know, love, and support one another.
– To help care for the spiritual, emotional, and physical needs of the congregation and individual members where needed and provide counsel when appropriate.
– To help create opportunities for the church to care for local needs and be a light for Christ to the community.
– To help set the vision for the life of the church, its ministries, and its role within Stillwater and to excite the congregation in these endeavors while utilizing the strengths of its members.
– Ordained or eligible for ordination in the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
– Master of Divinity (or functional equivalent) from an accredited seminary As a redeemed sinner, the pastor needs to recognize his own sin yet live as an adopted child of the Lord Almighty, showing great love and kindness to the church body, and understanding the true need for our Savior who alone can restore the brokenness in relationships and individual lives.
How To Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Aaron Reeves on the Pastoral Search Committee: 405.880.1501