The Senior Pastor Role:
- We seek a Pastor who will preach the Word of God in an expository manner. He will consistently focus on the Gospel, encouraging and challenging members to grow in their faith. He will be led by the Holy Spirit and have a heart for the lost in our community and beyond. He will be willing to extend invitations to accept Christ through altar calls.
- He will be responsible for providing clear Biblical leadership for the church staff, volunteers and congregation. He will help develop, share and implement a vision for the church.
- The Senior Pastor will work with the Deacons and be involved in pastoral care ministries. He will manage and give direction to all ministries of the church including worship, evangelism and discipleship.
The Senior Pastor Qualifications:
- Be theologically conservative. Have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ. Believe in the infallible Word of God, and that all Scripture is God-breathed.
- Have an outgoing and vibrant personality with excellent communication and organizational leadership skills. Be self-motivated and energetic.
- Have a demonstrated ability to unify and leverage the gifts and abilities of the staff members under his management.
- Have a heart to celebrate and connect with people of diverse backgrounds, cultures and generations. Have a shepherd’s heart for all members of the church.
The Senior Pastor Education and Experience:
- The successful candidate will have a Master of Divinity or related degree from a Southern Baptist Seminary, or a seminary with similar conservative theological teaching.
- We prefer a minimum of 7 years of experience in a pastoral position, including experience in a large and growing ministry, with multiple ministerial and administrative staff.
- Salary package will be commensurate with education and experience.
The search committee would like prospective candidates to provide a current resume and written testimony to the following dedicated email address.
The search committee understands the importance of keeping responses confidential.