First and Foremost, the next Senior Pastor of Heartland Community Church must, by God’s grace, be a man of prayer who is keenly aware of his own desperate need for a Savior. He will be a man who has abandoned himself to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and who is passionate about letting that Gospel rule over how he views himself and others.
Desired Characteristics/Personal traits:
* An Impassioned Preacher who calls the congregation to a sincere pursuit of spiritual maturity and its insightful grasp of Scripture, reformed theology, church history, and the world in which we live.
* A Servant Leader who eagerly and capably develops and empowers associate pastors, church staff and lay leadership to engage congregants in the carrying out of the mission of HCC in pursuit of our vision.
* A Collaborative Visionary experienced and excited to work closely with session and diaconate in shaping, honing, and implementing said mission and vision.
* A Relational Shepherd who connects Gospel truths to all spheres of life by knowing and engaging congregants in their daily life, inspiring them to share the Good News with the world around them.
* A Grateful Beggar eager to show other beggars where the Bread of Life can be found.
* Church staff development and mentorship
* Session leadership and collaboration
* Involvement with church body at both a community and personal level
* Personal spiritual growth and accountability
* Worship service planning and collaboration
* Missions involvement
* Presbytery participation and church representation
* General Assembly attendance
* Traditional pastoral counseling for congregational needs
* Minimum of 7+ years ministry experience
* Ordained or ordainable in PCA
* Masters of Divinity or comparable degree