Heritage Baptist Church is looking for our next pastor. Our founding pastor has announced his retirement. He will stay engaged until his successor arrives.
Heritage Baptist Church is a pastor-led, deacon-supported, independent Baptist church. We seek an ordained Baptist minister with a forward-thinking vision who can lead the congregation to the next level. This man will have a heart for outreach, soul winning and discipleship; and, he will serve as pastor, shepherd, and administrator of the ministry.
- Spiritual: A pastor-teacher (Ephesians 4:11,12). Meets the qualifications of I Timothy 3:1-7, and Titus 1:5
- Educational: A Bible-based education, preferably with a master’s degree or above.
- Experience In: Preaching; teaching; counseling; and, leading ministries in soul winning, stewardship, missions, and discipleship.
- Theological: Is non-charismatic and holds a premillennial, pretribulational view of future events. Subscribes to the Heritage Baptist Church Doctrinal Statement. (See Appendix A).
Specific Responsibilities: (See Appendix B)
- Preaches the Word and administers the ordinances; has charge of all services and ministries; and, serves as administrative overseer of the church.
- Is sensitive to matters affecting the solvency of the church and its financial health.
- Provides Christian guidance and care to include: visitation, weddings, counseling, and funerals.
- Calls meetings of the church, deacons, or committees; and, serves as moderator.
- Supervises and mentors officers, persons involved in a ministry, and employees. Exercises his responsibility and authority to dismiss any person not in harmony with the pastor or program of the church, should it be necessary.
Heritage Baptist Church Doctrinal Statement (Appendix A)
Heritage Baptist Church Constitution, Article IX, Section B (Appendix B)
Any interested candidates should apply by sending your resume