The congregation of Hudson Presbyterian Church is looking to fill the position of Senior Pastor. The
church is situated in Hudson, Ohio, a suburban community within the Akron and Cleveland metropolitan
area. The city of Hudson is a population of highly educated individuals with 73% of adults having
completed four or more years of college. In addition, the Hudson City School District is an excellent
school system which is ranked in the top three districts in the state of Ohio. The historic, vibrant
downtown area features a blend of national chains, unique locally owned shops, and award-winning
restaurants. Hudson is also a short distance from the Cuyahoga Valley National Park and in close
proximity to other local/county parks with many hiking and biking opportunities. Hudson Presbyterian Church is church with approximately 125 members. Over half of the membership
at HPC has been a member for ten or more years, with half of the congregation aged 65 or older. The
church is highly committed to Bible-based preaching and teaching, and has an active deacon ministry
that ministers well to the needs of the congregation. The ideal Senior Pastor will meet the character qualifications of an Elder outlined in 1st Timothy 3:1-12
and Titus 1:5-9. That person will serve alongside the Elders, with staff and the Assistant Pastor, to lead
the church to fulfill our Vision, Mission, and Beliefs. He or she will:
• Model a growing, vibrant, personal relationship with Jesus Christ, an active prayer life, and
sensitivity to the Holy Spirit’s leading.
• Be ordained, or ordainable, in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (Reformed Theology &
• Have a Masters of Divinity degree or equivalent from an accredited, theologically-aligned
seminary with formal education in biblical languages.
• Be a Gospel-centered expositor of Scripture in the content of his preaching and teaching.
• Have a shepherd’s heart and cultivate relationships to make disciples.
• Be a pastor/teacher with a minimum of 7- 10 years of ministry and life experience, with a
minimum of 5-7 as a Sr. Pastor including staff oversight. This individual will have demonstrated
growth of leadership effectiveness and outcome. Hold an egalitarian position on the ordination of
• Support a biblical view of marriage. The Senior pastor of HPC will spend a majority of his time, focus, and energy on preaching, teaching, and
leadership development. He or she will create a culture of disciples who make disciples which will
pervade every aspect of our congregational life. From a heart for knowing God personally and serving
Him wholeheartedly, our pastor will engage the staff, the church, and the community with the Good
News of Jesus Christ. She or he will prayerfully:
• Work with our worship team to develop and deliver weekly and seasonal worship services in a
traditional format that has some blended elements.
• Prepare and deliver compelling sermons that are relevant, uncompromising, and true to
• Serve as the Lead for preaching in a role that has support from an unpaid teaching elder
responsible for discipleship.
• Maintain a missional focus for the church.
• Disciple and develop staff and church leaders, growing the quality and capacity of their service,
as well as identify new leaders within the church.
• Work with Session, staff, and lay leadership to implement strategies necessary to align our
ministry to the Vision, Mission and Core Beliefs of the church in a manner that bears the fruit of
• Work with Session, staff and church leadership to develop a mission-driven annual plan and
• Work with Session on adding a contemporary service.
• Maintain personal accountability to an accountability partner(s) as well as to the Session of the
church. We hope you will give this position your prayerful consideration.