Kedron Baptist Church, a small semi-rural, church located approximately 18 miles south of Lynchburg, Virginia in the village of Gladys, seeks a full-time pastor to serve and lead the church in proclaiming the good news of God’s grace and salvation.
Education: Graduation from a Southern Baptist Seminary with a Master of Divinity is desired, however other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
General Responsibilities and Duties:
• Plan and conduct the weekly worship service and Wednesday night Bible study. Preaching and teaching is focused upon a call to faith for the lost, explaining the scriptures to empower believers for service, and reaffirming the promises of scripture to provide assurance and hope.
• Develop or revise church programs with the Board of Deacons, church staff and other volunteers. Equip and guide all involved persons as they perform their specific ministry tasks.
• Lead the church in an effective program of witnessing and caring for persons in the church and community.
• Visit members and prospective members.
• Coordinate collaboratively with the youth and children’s ministers and volunteers.
• Cooperate with associational, state, and denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and support the work of Southern Baptist missions and the cooperative program.
• Perform weddings, conduct funerals, and provide biblical counseling as necessary.
• There may be other tasks and responsibilities requested as discerned by the church.
• Kedron Baptist Church is a member of and supports the Staunton River Baptist Association, the Baptist General Association of Virginia, and the Southern Baptist Convention. It provides budget support to these entities as well as numerous mission efforts locally, nationally, and internationally.
• Guidance for the church, as outlined in the Church Covenant and Bylaws, is provided through a cooperative effort between the Pastor, elected leadership, and the congregation who makes the final decisions.
• Current Church staff includes part time youth ministers and children’s ministers.